“Mudbug Curry”
Review of Crawfish Heaven

Crawfish Heaven
Ranked #18 of 139 Restaurants in Missouri City
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great little neighborhood strip mall setting. No frills, but good food. Crawfish served in plastic bags seasoned with flavors of your choice. Not a place for crawfish traditionalists, and above average prices, but great crawfish all the same washed down with a longneck. Also serve other fried seafood, crab legs, etc. Wait can be long, particularly at weekends.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Small, neighborhood eatery with yummy crawfish! Many flavors are available for your muddogs! Cajun spices are my favorite! Give it a try...ask for gloves & a bib, too!

Reviewed 12 March 2017

I've been coming here for about 3 years. I pretty much have stock in this place because of how often we eat here. LOL My family who lives on the east coast, wants to make a special trip to Houston, just to eat here again. LOL They love it and so do we! Fresh Gulf-Caught Seafood (Shrimp - year round). Crawfish is wild unless out of season then frozen options are available (frozen is not my thing, but it is available if you're in dire need or simply want crawfish in the off-season). King Crab, Snow Crab, Blue Crab, Oysters (raw/cooked), in boil or fried. They have THE BEST softshell crab, probably in the city, no exaggeration. They also have fried calamari here (very good). I also like their gumbo. I don't eat pork and they do not cook in any meat, but seafood. However, if you want sausage they add it when they prepare your order, which nicely accommodates everyone. Admittedly, it's pretty plain besides some okra and celery, and the 3 shrimp (unless you have sausage in yours), but the base in nicely flavored. I spruce mines up by adding a few tails of my crawfish and a few lumps of meat of my snow crab, to the 3 nicely sized shrimp that's already in the gumbo, along with 4 scoops of my seasoning from my crawfish order (garlic butter medium) and OMG... I love it!!!! This is a down home place. It's a finger eating, finger licking kind of joint that can get pretty messy with any of the boil dishes. If that's not your thing... You can always ask for eating utensils (they will be plastic, don't be shocked). You can also opt for bibs and gloves to keep your hands from getting messy, but we are a DIG-IN, NO-BIB kind of crew ;) It just adds to the excitement. LOL The Food is GREAT and the service is Excellent! They are pretty fast, especially when you compare it to the amount of volume in attendance they have. They have 4 TVs and generally, 2 are on a sports channels and 2 are not, but they are always open to changing the channel to meet your requests; although sports will always be on 2 tvs since most of their patrons love that :) This is a place where you will almost never see anyone on their phones, unless waiting for the food to arrive. They have great prices on their beers too. Great Atmosphere, Great Place! You cannot go wrong here :)

Reviewed 26 July 2016

This is a pretty good place, if you looking to satisfy your taste for a little southern Louisiana. I would consider this to be a local dive where you will likely run into friends and neighbors. The atmosphere is good and the wait staff extremely friendly.

Whether you like your food mild or hot, here you can have it your way - just know that it can get messy, especially if you are having the peel-n-eat version of whatever is on the menu. Me? I prefer the crawfish and/or shrimp with the taters and corn. My only complaint on my recent trip was the crawdads and shrimp were a little over cooked making them hard to peel (I hate leaving meat on the shell!).

Having grown up on the coastal bend, I am pretty selective where I go to have seafood and even more particular about making a recommendation. This was not my first visit and certainly not my last, so there it is.

Cracking and peeling your food can take time, so I suggest to get here early to get a seat without having to wait...very long. Seating is limited and it can get crowded, especially on weekend nights. Come with patience and a roll of paper towels.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Went alone as I had just relocated and my husband was out of town and I was craving seafood. You cannot get a combination of shrimp and oysters so I opted for fried shrimp. They were fried about 30 seconds too long and were a little. Hard but they tasted fresh. The Cajun fries were good. You have to ask for lemon and tartar sauce and I ever got any silverware which was odd.I don't see myself returning.