Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Great Dive Company

I arranged 2 initial dives with this company, but found they were a friendly company who bend over... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
shotokan3
via mobile
Fantastic dive centre

Great dive centre with experienced friendly staff! Would highly recommended, well maintained kit... read more

Reviewed 28 October 2018
Stephen G
via mobile

All reviews divemaster internship fun dives angel shark yellow mountain trumpet fish advanced open water dive school maximum depth personal recommendation dive sites open water course days diving dive experience local dive whole team these guys safe hands
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

English run company with plenty of friendly staff. Excellent level of email and phone communication making arrangements simple and clear. They were very keen to make arrangements to suite my wishes for further dives. Unfortunately only did two dives at Tabaiba Wreck which is worth while, and had to cancel my further dive which they were absolutely fine with. Would certainly use and recommend excel. Would just suggest an earlier start to the morning dives. 8.45 meet at the shop means you are getting back well after lunch.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank bensW1988YV
Dave H, Owner at Excel Scuba Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Hi Ben,

Thank you for taking he time to leave us a really nice review, it was our pleasure to take you diving.

Just to answer your question on the time we start, having 10 years experience managing and owning a dive centre in holiday resorts I have found over many surveys we have carried out that as much as 95% don't want to be at the dive centre before 09.00 as they are on holiday, if anything they would rather start a lot later around 10-11.00. hence us sticking with the 08.45 at the dive centre.
The other problem we have is that it doesn't actually get light here until around 8am in the summer and even later in winter months unfortunately.

Once again thank you for the great review and myself and the team hope to see you back here soon.

Dave

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

I visited Tenerife playa de las Americas in September 2018 and decided to do some fun dives with Excel Scuba as they were a local dive centre in the area and have received consistently excellent reviews on trip advisor, and I’m happy to give them another excellent review.

I did four fun dives with Excel, two on the Tabaiba wreck, which was one of my favourite dives ever, a shore dive at El Puertito and a Boat dive to Palm Mar Wall where we encountered a fantastic array of Rays, awesome creatures.

Excel Scuba are a really professional and really nice family owned / run company by British couple Dave & Michelle who have over 10 years experience running dive centres in Spain and Tenerife. They also participate extensively in the PADI Dive Master intern program.

Everything they did was very professionally done from the booking to the hotel pick ups to providing high quality gear.
They provided an instructor and a couple of DM interns on every dive, and as well as being professional and safety conscious, they were a really helpful and fun group to dive with.

I can certainly highly recommend them to anyone visiting Playa de las Americas and wanting to do some fun diving or any of the full program of PADI courses they run. From talking to the interns it is also a great place to do a DM internship.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank johnfsimpson
Dave H, Owner at Excel Scuba Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Hi John

Thank you so much for the lovely review

It was an absolute pleasure meeting you and we hope to dive with you again in the future

P.S your t-shirt is ready!

Kind regards

Dave, Michelle & the team

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

My son and I went for a first time dive experience and had a wonderful time. Helpful pleasant staff made the day for me and although Iwadn’t allowed to dive for medical rwasons I was still well looked after and spent a lovely day snorkelling whilst my son had his first dive and again was looked after on a two to one basis.

Happy to recomend these guys to anyone

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 16 August 2018

Michelle and Dave, without forgetting their lovely dog Minnie, are so much fun and very professional. They take care of everything from beginning to end. They make sure you feel confortable and bring you diving in beautfiul diving spots such as Abades, Tabaiba, Yellow Mountain, black cove... I saw so many marine life the time I stayed there, turtles, rays, cuttle fish, angel sharks, butterfly ray, giant atlantic ray and so many more.
I highly recommend Excel Scuba when you get to Tenerife, you won't regret it! :) Thank you Dave and Michelle, I can't wait to come and visit again soon!

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Having returned from a 9 week period in Tenerife completing the Divemaster Internship with Excel Scuba, I can happily say that I do not regret my choice!

The staff (Dave, Michelle, Sean and Sammi) were incredibly friendly, and more than willing to answer any questions I had from beginning to end. Dave's knowledge base is incredible, and Sammi and Sean are role models underwater, ensuring that everything goes right on the day so you don't have to worry about it. Mini the dog is also ace, just ignore the initial barking and you'll be besties for life!

The people on my internship were some of the best folks I've met in my life. Whilst people come and go, during the 9 weeks I met 12+ interns (normally 6-8 at any one time) and found that the group dynamic was always excellent, very relaxed and everyone made sure to keep the entire group in the loop with social plans. This really enhanced the experience beyond just the diving, and meant I got to explore the island, culture and the occasional beach party. Make sure to ask the instructors for recommendations; they've been there a while now!

A few serious notes (but not negatives by any standard!) for those considering the internship:
- Bear in mind this is an internship, not a 1-2 month fun dive stint! Customers who are not on the internship will come first, and you are expected to help them; this is a big part of the internship! You really do learn what to expect from a dive shop operation, including common customer problems, dive planning, equipment and more, which is not only awesome, but really strengthens your knowledge and confidence, both in and out of the water.
- Prepare to dive in the same location, Abades, frequently. This is where you will be living as well, so it makes the logistics really easy, and you can easily progress through your Divemaster qualification here. Personal recommendation; keep Abades fresh by entering and swimming to the right, not the left, on your fun dives - I had some of my best dives doing this!
- At the beginning of your time there, it's okay to not know exactly what's going on. Eventually you'll get into the flow of things, but just ask people what you can do to help. After 1-2 weeks, you'll be showing the newbies the ropes!
- Don't ask, and you don't get! If you want to try a new dive location, ask one of the instructors. Sometimes it won't be possible because of certain courses running, but they want to fun dive as much as you do, so make sure to enquire and do some cool stuff!
- It's worth noting that unless you ask for a boat dive, you will be doing shore entries for your time in Tenerife.

I loved my time at Excel Scuba, and couldn't recommend it enough! Massive thanks to all the people and staff who made my time there what it was :D

Dan Powell