“Great service very happy”

Excel Scuba Tenerife
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Excel Scuba Tenerife, located in the centre of Playa De Las Americas can offer you a wide variety of scuba diving. From beginners and first time divers, we offer all Padi courses, guided dives for all levels and full day dive excursion packages which include beach BBQ and time to relax after your Tenerife dive. Our dive centre is located 5 minutes away from the glorious Las Vistas Beach.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 28 September 2018

From the start we had excellent response and Michelle in office was great. On arrival we were made very welcome, were not allowed to help but asked to relax and sit back. We were picked up from hotel, driven to office then beach for diving and the course was run so well we were both completely shell shocked. Sammi was fantastic along with all the staff. Friendly, competent, helpful and so eager to help. My friend and I both had our problems in certain dive areas yet the calmness and excellent teaching skills brought us around to conquer our fears and succeed. The Three day open water course was not. Enough for me and I am rebooking now for the advanced in a months time.
We can not recommend Excel highly enough, please use this company if you want a relaxed, competent, skilled, fun diving course and a great few days in very pleasurable company.
Thank you to all at Excel for getting Steve and Shaun through the first course. See you next month for the advanced.

All reviews
"shop"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

English run company with plenty of friendly staff. Excellent level of email and phone communication making arrangements simple and clear. They were very keen to make arrangements to suite my wishes for further dives. Unfortunately only did two dives at Tabaiba Wreck which is worth while, and had to cancel my further dive which they were absolutely fine with. Would certainly use and recommend excel. Would just suggest an earlier start to the morning dives. 8.45 meet at the shop means you are getting back well after lunch.

1  Thank bensW1988YV
Dave H, Owner at Excel Scuba Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Hi Ben,

Thank you for taking he time to leave us a really nice review, it was our pleasure to take you diving.

Just to answer your question on the time we start, having 10 years experience managing and owning a dive centre in holiday resorts I have found over many surveys we have carried out that as much as 95% don't want to be at the dive centre before 09.00 as they are on holiday, if anything they would rather start a lot later around 10-11.00. hence us sticking with the 08.45 at the dive centre.
The other problem we have is that it doesn't actually get light here until around 8am in the summer and even later in winter months unfortunately.

Once again thank you for the great review and myself and the team hope to see you back here soon.

Dave

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

I visited Tenerife playa de las Americas in September 2018 and decided to do some fun dives with Excel Scuba as they were a local dive centre in the area and have received consistently excellent reviews on trip advisor, and I’m happy to give them another excellent review.

I did four fun dives with Excel, two on the Tabaiba wreck, which was one of my favourite dives ever, a shore dive at El Puertito and a Boat dive to Palm Mar Wall where we encountered a fantastic array of Rays, awesome creatures.

Excel Scuba are a really professional and really nice family owned / run company by British couple Dave & Michelle who have over 10 years experience running dive centres in Spain and Tenerife. They also participate extensively in the PADI Dive Master intern program.

Everything they did was very professionally done from the booking to the hotel pick ups to providing high quality gear.
They provided an instructor and a couple of DM interns on every dive, and as well as being professional and safety conscious, they were a really helpful and fun group to dive with.

I can certainly highly recommend them to anyone visiting Playa de las Americas and wanting to do some fun diving or any of the full program of PADI courses they run. From talking to the interns it is also a great place to do a DM internship.

1  Thank johnfsimpson
Dave H, Owner at Excel Scuba Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Hi John

Thank you so much for the lovely review

It was an absolute pleasure meeting you and we hope to dive with you again in the future

P.S your t-shirt is ready!

Kind regards