Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC)

I had a great time last year doing my Divemaster internship with Excel, so i've decided to do my... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
tomek1900094
Poznan, Poland
IDC Training

I just did my IDC at Excel Scuba and it was absolutely fantastic. Colin Scowcroft is an amazing... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Lucía C
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Playa de las Americas
from US$74.84
from US$40.30
from US$32.24
More Info
All reviews scuba diving divemaster internship fun dives yellow mountain trumpet fish advanced open water angel sharks maximum depth personal recommendation rescue diver course open water course dive centre local dive dive experience whole team these guys safe hands
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

My son and I went for a first time dive experience and had a wonderful time. Helpful pleasant staff made the day for me and although Iwadn’t allowed to dive for medical rwasons I was still well looked after and spent a lovely day snorkelling whilst my son had his first dive and again was looked after on a two to one basis.

Happy to recomend these guys to anyone

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 16 August 2018

Michelle and Dave, without forgetting their lovely dog Minnie, are so much fun and very professional. They take care of everything from beginning to end. They make sure you feel confortable and bring you diving in beautfiul diving spots such as Abades, Tabaiba, Yellow Mountain, black cove... I saw so many marine life the time I stayed there, turtles, rays, cuttle fish, angel sharks, butterfly ray, giant atlantic ray and so many more.
I highly recommend Excel Scuba when you get to Tenerife, you won't regret it! :) Thank you Dave and Michelle, I can't wait to come and visit again soon!

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Having returned from a 9 week period in Tenerife completing the Divemaster Internship with Excel Scuba, I can happily say that I do not regret my choice!

The staff (Dave, Michelle, Sean and Sammi) were incredibly friendly, and more than willing to answer any questions I had from beginning to end. Dave's knowledge base is incredible, and Sammi and Sean are role models underwater, ensuring that everything goes right on the day so you don't have to worry about it. Mini the dog is also ace, just ignore the initial barking and you'll be besties for life!

The people on my internship were some of the best folks I've met in my life. Whilst people come and go, during the 9 weeks I met 12+ interns (normally 6-8 at any one time) and found that the group dynamic was always excellent, very relaxed and everyone made sure to keep the entire group in the loop with social plans. This really enhanced the experience beyond just the diving, and meant I got to explore the island, culture and the occasional beach party. Make sure to ask the instructors for recommendations; they've been there a while now!

A few serious notes (but not negatives by any standard!) for those considering the internship:
- Bear in mind this is an internship, not a 1-2 month fun dive stint! Customers who are not on the internship will come first, and you are expected to help them; this is a big part of the internship! You really do learn what to expect from a dive shop operation, including common customer problems, dive planning, equipment and more, which is not only awesome, but really strengthens your knowledge and confidence, both in and out of the water.
- Prepare to dive in the same location, Abades, frequently. This is where you will be living as well, so it makes the logistics really easy, and you can easily progress through your Divemaster qualification here. Personal recommendation; keep Abades fresh by entering and swimming to the right, not the left, on your fun dives - I had some of my best dives doing this!
- At the beginning of your time there, it's okay to not know exactly what's going on. Eventually you'll get into the flow of things, but just ask people what you can do to help. After 1-2 weeks, you'll be showing the newbies the ropes!
- Don't ask, and you don't get! If you want to try a new dive location, ask one of the instructors. Sometimes it won't be possible because of certain courses running, but they want to fun dive as much as you do, so make sure to enquire and do some cool stuff!
- It's worth noting that unless you ask for a boat dive, you will be doing shore entries for your time in Tenerife.

I loved my time at Excel Scuba, and couldn't recommend it enough! Massive thanks to all the people and staff who made my time there what it was :D

Dan Powell

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank Dan P
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

My 12yr old daughter did her first scuba dive with these guys and she absolutely loved it. To begin with she was very nervous and a little unsure about the whole thing but the whole team made her feel at ease and gave her lots of reassurance. Sean took her for her dive and he was totally great with her. He made her feel comfortable and never left her side while she was in the water. My daughter hasn't stopped talking about her experience and how patient Sean was with her as it took her a few goes before she got the hang of things. The whole team were so helpful, reassuring and friendly and i wouldn't hesitate to recommend them and i would definitely use them again should we come back to Tenerife. Thanks Sean and the rest of the team for making my daughters first dive such a great and memorable experience.

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank lisahough75
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

On our last day here in Tenerife we decided to go scuba diving. We order our dive online and show up at their store at half past 8 in the morning. After some quick paperwork we are escorted to the diving site about 20 minutes away from the store. When there, we were given our equipment and a run down of diving theory and skills.

Finally after all that was over with, we headed into the water with high expectations given this was our very first dive. We start of with the basics and run through breathing under water all the way to finding your mouthpiece while underwater if you somehow get it pulled out.

After the shalllow water testing and practicing we continue with our diving buddy into a bit deeper waters where a great view of a coral rief awaits us. We swam through the reef pretty freely, with professional divers right behind us, ready to interfere should anything happen.

Would definitely recommend this experience, as the diving was lovely and the staff was helpful, friendly and amiable. After this splendid introduction we will definitely keep diving, and i fear this experience has sparked a new and possibly costly interest.

Date of experience: July 2018