1,501 results
All reviews self catering loft apartment siam park private garden min walk large bathroom large supermarket plenty of sunbeds all inclusive drinks local beer parrot show los cristianos toasties family holiday great holiday designer shops second week
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Have just got back from a week stay here, at first when we arrived I was a bit disappointed it didn’t look very good but as the week went on I grew to like the hotel! The rooms were lovely and spacious and very clean, the cleaners were always going around and the maintanence making sure it was clean and tidy, I liked the fact that the pool was closed off until 9am so no one could reserve the sun beds but to be fair no matter what time you went you could always get one....entertainment was good in the day but it was Fabios last day on Monday so can’t comment on what it will be like now but at night it was literally 20 mins mini disco for the kids (which was the same every night even the songs) and then went on to adults entertainment and the kids were told to move away from the stage, it’s quite loud until about 11pm so no chance you can get to sleep before then. Food wise there was always food being served but it was the only thing that let the hotel down it was very bland and not a great choice my kids didn’t eat anything all week but they made up for it with the free slush puppies plus there a supermarket across the road with some food places (vips was lovely) was dissapointed they you had to pay extra for certain cocktails the all inclusive ones were very limited, I brought 2 pina colada’s ones night and they came to €7 extra. I know the hotel has not long had a refurb but it still needs some work doing to it the railings down the stairs were very wobbly and one day I went up to my room and there was chunkys of plaster and stones which had fallen from a good height off the walls which is concerning and there was children running around all the time it could of been very different if it has landed on one of them....Siam park is a must to go to and was unlimited with the hotel we paid €7 each way in a taxi and it was about a 20 mins walk to the shops and beach

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Manuel R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Coral Compostela Beach Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your review. We are happy that finally you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay with us. Naturally, we take into account your suggestion, because it is our aim to make our guests holiday as perfect as possible. Indeed, within the all inclusive service there are always cocktails that are included but others not. This is quite usual in most of the all inclusive places here.
It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again any time you wish. Meanwhile thank you for having been our guests this time.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

We arrived back from staying at the compostela in Tenerife a few days ago after spending a week here with family and friends. The hotel has been newly refurbed and we wasnt dissapointed! The rooms were lovely and clean and very modern! The beds were also very comfortable. Although we were all inclusive we had a kitchen which had a fridgefreezer, cooker, hob and a kettle. We had a small balcony which to the left we could see the swimming pool. The only wierd thing was we had “stairs to no where” in our room. I think before the fefurb these opened up to the studio rooms above. My 17year old son had a “studio” to himself which was like a batchelor pad. Again all modern with sofas, large tv and walk in shower ect, again with a small kitchen for self caterers. The hotel was quiet for the first few days of our visit which was nice and no fighting for sunbeds! The pool was roped off until 9am so no one could reserve sun beds! Brilliant idea in my opinion. Breakfast was nice, the normal full english, lunch and dinner was a bit hit and miss. It was all nice but repetitive at times but i guess this is most all inclusive places. We ate out 3 evenings. Once at the aberdeen steak house which we have visited a fair few times on previous visits. Sad to say this time it was very dissapointing. The other 2 times we ate out at Tony Romas, what a wonderful place. Couldnt fault the food and the service was wonderful, will definatly visit again when we go back. Every afternoon fabio the rep got the adults in the pool for a game of volley ball. Was good fun to watch! Sergio the lifegaurd/glass collecter was wonderful and friendly and always stopped for a chat and would stop and tell the children to not run by pool incase they slipped. Majority listened to him. There is a small play park the children enjoyed in the evening, with a computer room with 3 free pcs that they could use. Free wifi also in this room. There is a washing machine and a tumble dryer at 3euros each for you to also use. Overall we had a lovely week at this hotel. For me it was a little far out than we normally stay probably about a 15 minute walk to the centre of las americas but a nice walk non the less and 5 euros in a cab back if little legs were to tired. We love Tenerife and is one of our favourite places, the hotel is lovely also and you wont be dissapointed.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Manuel R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Coral Compostela Beach Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you ever so much for your interesting review, which certainly will be of great help for other travellers. Me and my team are most happy to read that you had a great time with us and that you enjoyed our facilities and service. This is mine and my team´s aim and we are delighted to have been able to reach it in your case. It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you and your family and friends again whenever you return to Tenerife.
Thank you meanwhile for having visited us this time.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Wow. We just came back from a beautiful sunny week in Tenerife. the hotel is situated perfectly,right opposite a super market and a short walk to the beach .
The pools are small but enough for the amount of guests, plenty of sun beds . Not overcrowded at all
The apartments are absolouty stunning ,very modern with air con and a beautiful little Garden. We purchased a mini paddling pool just so we could have an hour sun bathing in the Terrace garden while our Kids were playing (having a toddler and fear of him running in to the pool meant we were chasing him around most the time ) so the garden was perfect just for an hour of safe peace and quiet

Kids love this mini disco ,this is focused around age 7 and under. FABIO IS SUCH A GREAT ANIMATOR AND KRPT EVERYONE ENTERTAINED. He works so so hard especially when there are people are who are hard to entertain . Small mini club for an hour or so during the day

SIAM PARK INCLUDED .WOW WOW WOW WOW ....WOWWWWW

I can tell you we had the BEST time at siam park , our 7 year old was Tall enough for every single ride 125cm (minus the power tower) i can see why it's the world's best water park , this is no LIE . It's the best!!!! We went 4 days out of 7 ... the hotel will call you a taxi - 6€ to siam park €6 back
Ask the price before you get into a taxi as there are many sneaky drivers add on to the price . Black cabs/ mini bus charge €8 so ask for car

The staff at the hotel were great and efficient ,the waiting staff work hard to keep everything Clean and plates Gone as soon as you take your last mouthful.

The cleaners are in Daily to give the room a quick Clean. They work hard too.

Our only issue was noise... room 171 has the bins outside and the service Door . The door was banged shut all night long , the bin men arriving at 1.30 every morning and staff empty glass bottles into bins early hours of the morning .They could be a little more considerate with not banging that Door shut so loud ( or replace the Door with a silent soft shut one ) it's not nice to have your baby woke every 10 minutes

Food was good ,something to eat every day ( beware of the chocolate covered Chicken mind... I thought it was gravy Chicken ) quite a shock Hahah

Breakfast the best meal of the day,there is nothing they don't offer at breakfast time . The drinks were lovely and machines worked perfect . Slush is included in a inclusive .

We would return here . . Playa las americas is stunning

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank TheWebbPitmans

Dear guest,
Thank you every so much for your kind and interesting review. We are delighted that we did meet your approval and that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our facilities and service. We take of course into account your comment about the noise, because it is our aim to make all our guests´holiday as perfect as possible.

It would be a great pleasure for me and my team to welcome you again.
In the meantime thank you for having been our guests this time.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Now, I have nothing against Blackpool, however I wouldn't spend the best part of 2 grand to go there!

The hotel is advertised as a SplashWorld hotel - so by the very essence of its title you'd expect there to be a decent pool. #fail.

Not even a slide, or a little splash area.

Oh, and see that photo at the top of the screen, showing the nice looking pool, with just a smattering of sunbeds around the side? Well, look closer at that photo and notice the piles of sun loungers at the left hand side... now imagine them all laid out, touching each other right the way round that pool... Now, again - I don't mind other people's company - but if I wanted to lie 3 inches away from a row of 100 people, I'm sure there are hostels or fetish hotels for that kind of thing... Life guard doubled up as a barman, so was never anywhere near the pool.

Now, that's the pool out of the way... Next to the rooms.

Don't make the mistake I did, and look at the pristine white furniture in the brochure photos... Yes, the table and chairs are modern. And there's a decent sofa... But the rooms are quite clearly 1976 self catering apartments that have been turned into a (poor) all inclusive hotel. There were 2 sets of french doors in our room. Neither locked. You have to pay extra for the safe (are we back in 1976?). You have to pay for wifi... In 2018? seriously?

The 'private' garden I paid extra for consisted of a postage stamp sized grass area, with half a dozen (bare) bushes as a 'boundary', some loose paving slabs as a 'step' to the main concourse, so - not 'private' at all.

The bathroom... Did I mention 1976 already? (and I wasn't even born then!) - There were 2 adults and one child in our room, and I don't think one of us had a warm shower all week. The water system is so antiquated that the water tank system clearly can't cope with guests wanting a shower of an evening.

Food... Lets just say I'm glad there was a shopping centre across the road with cafes, restaurants and takeaways! We are not fussy eaters, but the food was appalling. We ended up going across the road for breakfasts and lunch (and 4 out of 7 dinners). There are not enough tables for the number of rooms, and the food is bland to say the least.

Drinks - Don't think I've ever drank Cava from a pump before - rotten. You have to pay extra for cocktails and milkshakes. Beer was OK, but nothing special. Coffee machines hardly ever worked.

Evening entertainment consisted of a 20 minute kids mini disco, and then hours of Karaoke... It was chilly at night, so there were patio heaters out for the first few nights, but these disappeared after night 3, probably because they were a health and safety risk due to being plugged in high up, and the cable trailing at neck-height.

Kids playpark - Don't bother - go to the park behind the shopping centre across the road. The 'park' in the hotel consists of a climbing frame/slide/swing that's not properly secured to the ground, so comes up every time a kid swings on it.

I think this sums the place up... Seriously - if you're looking for a decent holiday, go to the Marylanza next door!

Unfortunately, the Marylanza was full when we were there (I only know this because I tried to transfer there!)

Room Tip: Best room? In the Marylanza Hotel next door!!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank GlasgowTraveller80

Dear guest,
Thank you for your review and for having been our guests. We regret very much that we did not meet your expectation and approval, because as mentioned in other answers, it is our aim to provide a good holiday to our guests, which apparently we did not in your case. Once again we regret this, moreover most of our guests are quite happy with our facilities and services.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Just come back fro a one week stay here with our 3.5 year old. The hotel is very reasonably priced and you certainly get a lot for your money, in our opinion. Rooms were lovely, very modern and clean. As was the rest of the grounds. The food was lovely, always lots of choice and if you don't want to indulge there was always plenty of fresh salad every night.Drinks were local spirits which was to be expected for the price. I didn't enjoy the drinks but thats personal taste. The pool area lets the hotel down a little as the lay out wasn't very people friendly and nothing for kids, slides, splash area etc. Great location, near to a great little place opposite the hotel with a large supermarket, good play area and a really nice outdoor bar area so kids can play whilst you enjoy a drink. We loved this place as it was so chilled and almost had an Ibiza feel to it!

We visited Siam water park nearly every day , absolutely brilliant place!! Up there with a Disney water park it really was fab. So worth it with the free passes! We also visited Loro Park, took about 1 hour 20 in the car but totally worth it. was my favourite day of the holiday. Brilliant place, so much to see and do. Highly recommend a visit here.

All in all the hotel was very good. However, does seem to attract a certain kind of clientele. We didnt hang out at the pool area or hotel at all really, there is plenty outside to do though so it was fine.

Amazing value for money.

Room Tip: pool view and terrace area
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank sophief32
Manuel R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Coral Compostela Beach Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear guests,
Thank you ever so much for your kind revue . We are delighted to read that you enjoyed staying with us and that we met your approval . You are right the location of the hotel is very convenient. Perhaps we may count again with your visit in the future. Meanwhile thank you for having been our guests this time.