1,503 results
All reviews dressing room walk in wardrobe pool bar los jameos pool attendant non smoking glass of bubbly smoking area pool view sun terrace lovely hotel gran canaria different theme german guests german hotel room number great holiday
Reviewed 2 January 2019

just spent 2 weeks over christmas at this hotel.we were absolutely delighted .the room was very large and comfortable.the choice of food amazing.the staff were very friendly .it has everything you could wish for.

1  Thank trish241
U_Matas, Gerente at Seaside Sandy Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2019

Dear Trish,

First of all: Happy New Year! Thank you for having chosen our Seaside Sandy Beach for your Christmas break. It was a pleasure having you and we couldn’t be happier knowing that you had a great time with everything you could wish for.

We would be delighted to welcome you back again in a not distant future.

Many warm regards from the entire team,

Reviewed 28 December 2018

Arrived for our 5th visit for our first Christmas stay. Lovely man on reception when we arrived who remembered us. It's 2 years since we stayed here. Stayed in a 2nd floor room for the first time. These rooms and those on the first floor do not overlook the pool. They look out onto a road. They are just as good as the ones on upper floors and we were satisfied. I did ask about a higher floor room but was told we would have to pay even though the hotel was very quiet. Others we spoke to had been upgraded at no cost so they need to treat everyone the same. What we wouldn't have seen if we'd been in a high floor room was the over 100 motor bikers dressed as Father Christmas who rode past the hotel on the Saturday evening. A wonderful sight and some lovely motorbikes.

I did ask for tea and coffee in the room before we arrived and at check-in but it never did turn up. The toiletries in the room were never replenished all week either,

The food is very good at this hotel but is never hot enough. I tried the porridge every day at breakfast and it was cold every day. A microwave oven would be a good idea so that people who like hot food can have it hot.

Paco is a wonderful barman who remembered what drinks we had from 2 years ago and Javier, Fatima and Sky are also very efficient. All the staff are friendly and helpful.

The pool area is spotless and we had no trouble at all obtaining a lounger but the hotel was very quiet.

The hotel is mainly German occupancy, not many English at all, but we don't mind it although some might find it off putting. Christmas days dinner was disappointing as there was no turkey or roast potatoes.

Will return to this hotel as we like it's position and it's only 30 minutes from the airport.

Room tip: If you want a view a floor higher than 5 is needed as trees are in the way otherwise.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ConcordeManchester
U_Matas, Gerente at Seaside Sandy Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2019

Dear guest,

Thank you for your loyalty as a regular guest.

I am pleased to learn that you appreciated the friendly service and the warm welcome after your return from a previous visit 2 years ago. Paco, Javier, Fatima and Sky were delighted to hear of your special mention.

Concerning upgrades, I can assure you that we do not grant upgrades as a general rule, even if the hotel is not fully booked. Of course we do allow for changes if there is a special reason or a guests prefers a different location, but always within the booked room category.

As a standard, all our rooms have tea/coffee making facilities. However, cream, tea bags and coffee are not automatically placed in the rooms. We ask our guests to fill in a form and order everything according to their taste and preferences and I would like to apologize if we haven’t explained this procedure.

The replacement of the toiletries is normal practice and I am sorry to hear that your toiletries don’t seem to have been replenished. What a shame that you hadn’t approached us. I would gladly have reviewed this with the housekeeping team and made sure that everything was to your satisfaction.

Finally, in what refers to the temperature of our food, all dishes at the hot buffet are kept at the mandatory temperature of more than 60 degrees and I have taken note of your wish to provide a microwave oven for our guests that prefer to eat their food at a higher temperature.

It was once again a pleasure being your hosts and we hope to have the privilege to welcome you back again in a not distant future.

Many kind regards and my best wishes for a happy 2019,

Reviewed 26 December 2018

Returned to Sandy Beach for a second visit. Previously, we had enjoyed the restaurant, especially the salad bar at lunch and dinner times. We were not disappointed, and again struggled to avoid overeating. There was always a good choice of hot buffet trays, and roast meats. Pastries in abundance with ice cream for lunch and dinner too.
As before, the hotel was spotless clean, and staff were friendly and efficient. The morning egg man deserves a special mention, also the guys looking after sunbeds and towels.
Being December, the hotel was not full, so there was plenty of choice of sunbeds round the pool, and on the terrace. The naturist areas on the roof were quite busy, but I found it a bit windy up there. Nice views though.
The hotel is well located for shopping, near Yumbo, and Khazba, also close to the beach.
After departure, our flight was cancelled due to problems and Gatwick. Seaside hotels booking department were very understanding, and quickly got us booked in for an extra couple of days. We were so pleased to find lunch was included (all inclusive) on arrival day, and up to 5pm on departure. Reception also extended our room to 3pm, so we were able to shower and change before 4 pm departure. I can't say how grateful I am to everyone for making our extra stay enjoyable.

Room tip: High rooms to avoid dining room noise, high room numbers each floor get more sunshine
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Bill D
U_Matas, Gerente at Seaside Sandy Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2018

Dear Bill,

Thank you for your loyalty as a regular guest of our Sandy Beach.

It is wonderful to know that we could once again meet your expectations with the friendly service as well as the cleanliness of our hotel.

Our culinary offer is one of our trademarks and it is nice to see that you have highlighted the good choice of our hot buffet and roast meats and the abundance of pastries and ice cream.

If availability allows it, we always strive to grant a late check-out for our guest with a late flight and I am pleased that we were also able to do so in your case.

Thank you for having chosen us once again. As always, it was a pleasure having you and we hope it won’t be long until your return.

My best wishes for a healthy and happy New Year,

Reviewed 26 December 2018

I stayed at the Seaside Sandy Beach in December 2018 and thought it was a great place. The food was amazing with plenty of choice to feed even the most finicky of eaters. The staff were always attentive and willing to help. The restaurant is outside and although it was December the nights were not too chilly. If you were cold in an evening they had gas patio heaters to keep you warm and cosy, a lovely touch. There are 3 bars in this hotel but the best one is the pool bar. This is not a swim up bar but located next to the pool and sunbathing areas. The pool bar staff were great and never kept the customers waiting for long. There were lots of sun-loungers and plenty of space to relax and get a tan.

The Room
My room was on the 7th floor, overlooking the pool which I think all rooms do overlook the pool. It was of a good size, i was a loan traveller, with bedroom, bathroom with a good shower, and a walk in wardrobe. The walk in wardrobe is where the electronic safe is kept. The cleaning staff were extremely good and the room was cleaned every day with new towels every day also, they even folded the jumper I left on the bed for me, very good service.

There is a bike hire place attached to the hotel if you want to hire a bike. I hired an electric bike for one day and again I could not fault the service I got.

This hotel is a very good hotel and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Craig,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. We are delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and appreciated the amazing food with plenty of choice, as well as the attentive service.

Our team at the pool bar will be proud to hear that you found that the pool bar was the best of our three bars.
How nice to know too that you took time to relax and get a tan at our pool area.

It was a pleasure pampering you and we hope to welcome you back soon for another sunny break.

Many kind regards and our best wishes for a great start into the New Year,

Reviewed 10 December 2018 via mobile

Very good hotel with friendly staff and wonderful meals! Near beach but I stayed my hotel pool every day! Good sun beds that don't tip up! My Only complaint was the smokers but not the hotels fault as allowed still in Spain unfortunately .

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
U_Matas, Gerente at Seaside Sandy Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review following your recent stay with us. How nice of you to describe our Seaside Sandy Beach as a very good hotel with friendly staff and wonderful meals! Gastronomy and service are indeed two of our greatest strengths.

As you stated, according to the Spanish law, smoking is permitted outside. Nonetheless, we have established non-smoking and smoking areas to please all parties. Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences caused.

We hope to see you soon at our hotel. Until then, we wish you all the best and a Merry Christmas.

Warm regards,