“Discrimination of Disabled and inconsistent rules.”
Review of PortAventura

PortAventura
Book In Advance
More Info
US$23.22*
and up
PortAventura Park, PortAventura Caribe Aquatic...
Ranked #1 of 59 things to do in Salou
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 3 May 2018

I have visited Portaventura since i was 8 years old, this is the first time i came back incredibly sour in the mouth from the way i was treated.

I have a head injury which means i wear a protective helmet (specially made with straps so it has never fallen off) as a precaution for my head scars.

My doctor has always told me that there is more danger in falling over while walking around a theme park that the rides themselves, so i never let my head scars get in the way of my fun. i have been to Germany, US, and theme parks all around England ever since.

I have been to Portaventura ever since i was around 10, i've ridden Baco, Shambhala, Dragons Khan and ECT a million times and loved the place.

Though on my visit last week the staff were rude, refused entry on rides due to my helmet, refused even after taking my protective helmet off, pointed to my head mockingly. This completely has left me sour on the park and Salou as a place overall.

The hilarious thing is.. Some rides like Shambhala, Furius Baco and Dragons Khan refused me, but i went to Ferrari Land and went on Red Force 3 times in a row? WTF PORTAVENTURA? WTF?

Overall my trip to Portaventura was very bitter, i constantly felt on edge and punished for being disabled, which is disgusting.

If you have any disability, go to Europa Park in Germany.
They will actually treat you with respect.
Even if you do end up in Salou, avoid Portaventura like the plague.

3  Thank Joshua A
Write a ReviewReviews (20,316)
All reviews
in 332 reviews
"ice age"
in 83 reviews

Reviewed 2 May 2018

visited the park no less than 4 times during a 5 night stay in Salou, staying on site was a bonus as your hotel price gets you access each day.

Having been to all the main parks in the US it was great to give something new a try.
Wife and Son thoroughly enjoyed the park as did I.

Each area and the theme was spot on, great kids rides, great coasters and everything in between, we are already talking about coming back in 2019

Some queue's similar to Ferrari land do need a rethink as the single rider queue was more often than not a longer queue time.

Would certainly consider the fast track options next time.

Enjoyed both the food and drink options on the park, agree with others they arent that cheap but compared to other parks I found the prices to be bearable.

1  Thank Martyn S
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Very looooong lines. Waithing time quite different then it shows on the gate. Not worthed of our money and time.....

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 April 2018

It is best to buy your tickets in advance to avoid waiting at the ticket offices. It is not allowed to enter with meals or drinks. There are many different types of restaurants but the prices are high, unless you choose sandwiches or any kind of fast food. Put on your sunscreen. The attractions are very fun and exciting and if a very hot day, you have water attractions too. Ferrari Land is very expensive. Enjoy your staying.

1  Thank NIAITRAM
See more reviews
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I loved this park I'm a rollercoaster junkie and this was right up my alley, the queues weren't that bad on average 30 - 40 minutes, but I got any express pass (€33) as I was going it alone and didn't want to leave my bf standing around waiting on me, with the express I was either first or second, Legend !
I would recommend buying your ticket at the agent in salou (Bus Plana) as it is cheaper, we got a 2 day pass and a 1 day pass for Ferrari land €60 each, the number 1 or 74 bus will bring you right to the park, bus service is brilliant, buses run all day so your never to long waiting.
Food is a little on the pricey side as with all parks, but all in all I was as happy as a child leaving, would defo go back!