Review Highlights
Awesome Ride

One of the best riders alive that happens to be a grate mtb guid. He took me to some of the best... read more

Reviewed 20 October 2018
ABC200
via mobile
Traveler from USA had a great day mt. biking in the Maritime Alps

Greg my guide was more than an excellent rider and instructor. He was a combination historian... read more

Reviewed 9 October 2018
khartmann414
Lancaster, Pennsylvania

All reviews mountain biking fantastic ride maritime alps riding skills great guide mtb switchbacks passes technical riders van
Reviewed 4 September 2014

I joined Greg for a Vesubienne Enduro day in August 2014 having been in touch with him on Facebook for some time. He's a great guy, rides very well (much better than me) and most importantly knows the trails in the area extremely well. I had one of the best day's riding I've done in over 25 years of mountain biking. Whether you join one of his organised rides or get him to craft you a custom day out, I'm sure you'll have a fantastic ride in some of the best mountain biking country in the world.

Date of experience: August 2014
1  Thank MattWenham
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I've made a weekend long biking course, in Sospel, organized Greg Germain from 1001sentiers. It was an Enduro training featuring Nico Vouilloz. Everything was top notch. Had a wonderfull time.

Technically it should be hard to beat. 10x World champion Nico was amazingly backed up by Greg Germain and Laurent Solliet. Bikewise, I've learned more about me, the bike, the trails, and generally riding that I would ever dream of, all in a weekend span.

The spot was unbeatable,easily worth my 400km trip. The atmosphere among all group was fantastic, and the logistics matched all this.

Awesome experience. Will definitely repeat. Thanks a lot.

Date of experience: August 2013
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Greg took me on an amazing ride back in 2013 when I visited the South of France. What I particularly liked was that he adapted the ride to what I was looking for.

Date of experience: August 2013
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I followed one of Greg’s courses (switchbacks for dummies ;-)) in June 2014, and I would strongly recommend it.
- I learnt plenty of things and in a fun way. The coach is patient, and passes his knowledge in an understandable manner. Even somebody like me with a pathetic level managed to make the most of it, which is quite an achievement for the coach ;-)
- Greg (the coach) knows the Cote d’Azur like the back of his hand. He always has an unknown (to us) and fantastic trail up his sleeve to propose.
- Excellent value for money. Service is top notch (e.g brand new van)
Well, as a conclusion, I would add I registered for another outing in August (which is the best evidence of my positive feedback).

Date of experience: June 2014
1  Thank Mitch M
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I contacted Greg via email a week before my trip to Nice. I got a prompt reply. I told him what I wanted to do and he made his recommendations as to what is possible. He supplied me with a mountain bike that was fit to my specifications. Greg's service is top notch. He picked me up from my hotel, with my bike in the trunk. We went riding around some of the trails near Nice. Greg was very patient with me was was observant enough to assess whether the trail was challenging enough while being enjoyable and was quick enough to adjust the course when he saw it was getting too tough for me. I wish I had more time as Greg also does skills training workshops to improve riding skills.
The next day, I did a road ride to Italy following the coastline. Greg arranged a road bike for me too. Over all, I had a great time and will surely come back to France and ride with 1001 Sentiers again. I will bring my friends next time and do multiple day mountain bike and road bike rides with 1001 Sentiers. Kudos! Two thumbs up!

1  Thank Daniel A