“Efficient and delicious ”
Review of Les Frangins

Les Frangins
Ranked #36 of 95 Restaurants in Saint-Omer
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

We visited around 8pm yesterday evening and were warmly greeted. They have a dual language menu with most dishes translated into English.
My partner tried their chicken breast marinated in local beer and I had a butchers cut steak. My steak was a little undercooked but I think this was more due to my poor French than bad cooking! Regardless, it tasted lovely and was perfectly edible. The beer sauce was very unusual and he throughly enjoyed it.
Afterwards we both had chocolate mousse which was very nice!
Meal came to around €52 including two drinks, two mains and two desserts.
Portions were generous and well presented.
Parking very near by!

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed 12 April 2017

Two for a simple lunch on a Monday and Les Frangins was packed.
Plenty of people cooking a mixture of steak and chicken morsels to their taste on a very hot stone, with frites and salad on the side.
I chose the dish of the day, a delicious veal parcel in a tasty, creamy sauce.
Oh we had Maroilles on toast to start and that was good too.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

This is the second visit to eat at this hotel restaurant and once again we had the hot stone steak which is always fun and allows you to cook the steak as you want.
Steak was well marbled and tender. Fries were more McCain than usual frites.
Wine was good and the price reasonable.
The waitress was friendly and efficient and spoke good English.
Always a nice place for lunch

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 5 April 2016

Very good menu, lots of choice including child's menu if required, friendly helpful staff, snacks also available in bar area if required.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 24 March 2016

We thought we would try the restaurant in the hotel. It is very cozy and good service. We both went for the fish, Cheryl had Salmon and I had the cod. The Salmon was fantastic, I found my cod really fresh and well cooked but the sauce it came in was bland, but I would have liked to have tried the Pierrade which was meat you cooked on a hot stone.

Date of visit: March 2016