“Lovely Restaurant”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 April 2015

Le Sept de Coeur is a small restaurant run single handed by the owner.
The food is simple but delicious, based on food from the south of France. Located in a back street near the main square it is not somewhere you would probably find by chance.
Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 12 April 2015

Small family restaurant with warm welcome. Simple menu served without much wait, fresh tasting food from the Ardeche, the region of the restaurant owner. Portions just the right size for us but could appear small for big eaters. Would go back with pleasure. Very fair prices.

Reviewed 15 March 2015

My last meal in France at the end of an exhausting press trip was in this little restaurant tucked up a side street in St Omer.

Chef patron Cedric, cooks waits on table and even does the washing up, a large plate of charcuterie and cheese shared with a friend was my starter and then a piece of beef braided withe herbs and served with olive oil mash set me up for the trip home. Though not before a desert of baked apple stuffed with nougat and almonds.

Downside of recommending places like this is that as it so small next time I go you will all be there and I won't get in!!

1  Thank MichaelWhinger
Reviewed 21 December 2014

We booked in advance via Trip Advisor, having carefully considered a number of venues in St. Omer. This was a quick day trip for four adults from the UK to celebrate a 40th birthday and we wanted a typical french restaurant and were not disappointed. The owner / chef Cedric was very obliging and made our meal experience easy and enjoyable, he also spoke a little English. The service was excellent and the food and wine was of a very good quality. The menu was a little limited and a couple of the main dishes were not available. If you want a particular dish it might be worth checking in advance. This emphasised the fact it is a small establishment and appeared to be a one-man band. We will definitely go there again.

1  Thank John N
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Every once in a while one stumbles upon a hidden gastronomical gem, Le Sept de Coeur is one of those cases. As my wife and I tried to escape from the ever unpredictable rain of St. Omer we took cover in a most unexpected surprise. Settled near St. Omer's main street, this cozy restaurant transports right through the heart of southern France, through its diverse mix of classical cuisine Ardechoise, embellished with the Chef's daring and modern propositions. We took the 3 course menu which started with a Millefeuilles de tomates, aubergine, and chevre, this is a variant of the classic Millefeuilles pastry where instead of having layers of puff and cream we are presented with layers of goat cheese, alternating with tomatoes, and eggplant, sparkled with one of the finest olive oils I had tested since visiting Ramatuelle this past summer. For the main dish I went for the Boeuf des Marinieres du Rhone et evasee de pomme de terre, a delicious stirred fried beef, marinated in wine and spices from the surroundings of the Rhone river accompanied by flared mash potatoes. To say that the beef melted in my mouth unloading hints of Provence is an understatement. My wife went for a more classical dish and opted for an elaborated version of the classic Farcis, composed of tomatoes, eggplant, and squash. For the dessert I opted for a cafe gourmant which included among other things nougat from Montelimar, devil is the details they say. My wife had instead a Peche of vin blanc avec pain perdu, peaches in white wine served over a trench of the most delicious pain perdu, or as some call it in America, "French Toast", this was the best part of the desert as the toast absorbed both the wine and the peach flavors. Our kids loved it too and were able to appreciate the good food!
We got to talk with the Chef, and owner Cedric,a young daring man who explained that his wife's job drove him from sunny Ardeche to the north, where he found solace through cooking his native food.
As we came out the sun was shinning again...

1  Thank Eduardo T