“Very Good Restaurant”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 January 2018

we came for a day trip to France. And came here for lunch. The meal was great value for money and there was no regrets from eating in here. I enjoyed the camembert i had, which was delicious. The service was extremely good. I would enjoy coming here again, if we are travelling near here.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank 812william

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

We dined here for lunch on a Thursday. We ate from the fixed price weekday lunch menu which at €15.50 turned out to be excellent value. Three courses to include a drink--- I had a mini Welsh, followed by bavette steak in shallot sauce with very good homemade frites and finished off with two cheeses in very good condition to include maroilles which is one of my favourite cheeses from northern France.

In absolute terms, this is worth five blobs for the type of restaurant it is. It isn't haut cuisine but represents good basic French cuisine, in decent surroundings, with helpful service at a very good price. However this menu is only available at restricted times. This is the type of food I cook at home and here in the uk I wouldn't be able to prepare a meal like this for much less so cannot really understand how the restaurant could make any money on this excellent bargain menu.

Highly recommended.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 29 November 2016

Found this small restaurant in a side street off the main square.Good value menus, friendly and efficient staff.Food quality is good and tasty.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 29 August 2016

Ate here recently. The food was really good, tasty, good portions. It was let down by the service. There are not enough staff for the customers, and even getting another drink took a long time, to the point where we settled and left.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 20 July 2016

The French are good with food and wine, but this place didn't quite get up to scratch. We had been spoiled a little the day before, so I'm might be being a little unkind.

The food was average, and the portions OK. Service was reasonable, but could be friendlier. But that can be typical in French restaurants. The wine was over priced, particularly the house red, it was very cheap wine, usually the house wines are quite good. Not so in this case.

I don't think I would go back here, with the massive choice on offer in Saint Omer, it won't be difficult to find something better.

Date of visit: July 2016