“Bijou Restaurant close to cathedral”

Restaurant Chez Tante Fauvette
Ranked #1 of 93 Restaurants in Saint-Omer
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 February 2016 via mobile

Tucked down a side street this small eclectic French restaurant surprised and enchanted me with warm hospitality and wholesome winter food. Delicate fish starter and rustic pork main was complimented by subtle bio wine. Charming host well worth looking up again.

Reviewed 16 December 2015

I have been trying to get a booking here for a few month's now and my son and I finally had one for last Saturday night.The restaurant is in a residential area close to the Cathedral of St.Omer and not very difficult to find.There were 5 tables,which soon filled up with a mix of French and another English couple.We had a very warm welcome from the chef/chief bottle washer and everything in between.We had a delicious warm tart of local cheese to start and my son had pork cooked in buttermilk and I had fish.Both were very tasty with some lovely local carrots and other veg.For pud,I had crepes with Grand Marnier and my son had a dish of local cheese curds which came with brown sugar to sprinkle on top.I could have eaten a whole bowl of this as well.We had the house wine,which was very good.This is a very quirky restaurant and the owner is delightful.I hope we get a booking in the future.

1  Thank carrie95
Reviewed 13 December 2015 via mobile

All the good things that have been said already about this restaurant are absolutely true. Great atmosphere, delicious food and a fantastic Englishspeaking host. A trip to the region of Saint-Omer (f.i. La coupole) just to be able to have dinner here is an excellent strategy. I will go back.

1  Thank Christoph R
Reviewed 22 November 2015

Beautful little restaurant right next to the cathedral. Very cosy athmosphere set in the ex living room of a townhouse. Decorated with vintage flare & homely touch. Food non-fussy and delicious served by the owner who was very friendly & spoke good english. Menu simple and home-cooked! Gay friendly!

1  Thank oliver p
Reviewed 19 November 2015

We add our review to those who have also visited this lovely restaurant, which is off the beaten track. Very small and quaint, food is wonderful, proprietor handles cooking, waiting at table and serving drinks with calmness, making time to have conversation and cook at the same time. If you haven tried this place we recommend you do, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Dorothy S