“We went to the Frog and Onion for a Big Ben!”
Review of Frog and Onion Pub

Frog and Onion Pub
Cuisines: British, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Frog & Onion Pub is Bermuda's most unique Pub. Housed in the mid 18th century Cooperage in the historic Royal Naval Dockyard. The menu features a selection of Traditional English style pub food, innovative entrees and seafood. Home to Dockyard Brewing Company, Bermuda's only brewery.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

My husband and I cruised with close friends to Bermuda. In our research of "what to do" on the island, we discovered the Frog and Onion Pub. The menu looked outstanding, the decor looked authentic and the beer reviews were amazing. We were fascinated with the 50-ounce "Big Ben" beer. When you order one, you get to keep the glass! Two of us took on the challenge. Our beer was delicious and we were more than pleased with it. All of us loved the pub's decor. We have pictures of ourselves standing in an immense fireplace. The service was friendly and quick and we plan on going back again to sample more of their menu. By the way, the onion rings are worth the trip!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,424)

Reviewed 1 May 2018

I kept standing there... about 5 different waiters walked by me own their own mission...10-15 min....finally just went outside on the patio and sat down. NOT ONE person said..welcome or we will be right with you . Honey had a fish sandwich...he said it was good..I had a burger... it was good. We were hungry...

Reviewed 30 April 2018

You'll find this recommended in Moon and Fodors. It's OK. It all depends on what you want.

Positives:

service OK
two mains (leek pie and bbq chicken sandwich) = $40 USD
food quality low

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

In the search for a place for a beer I ended there. From the first moment I loved the decoration of the place however everything change when I tried to order a crafted beer. I waited too long for the services even in the front until someone decided to attend me. I order a the crafted porter (expensive) thinking that was going to be good and tasted like a regular beer of a supermarket. I tried to connect to the internet to speak woth my family and this was disconnected every 2 minutes.
I talk with two girls near to me and they complaint was the same. Poor wifi, poor attention, poor beers and expensive.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

We wanted to catch a sunset from the Dockyard area and decided to tie that in w/ some shopping and dinner. Our experience with the Frog and Onion could not have been nicer.