3,058 results
All reviews all inclusive package swizzle inn all inclusive plan close to the airport the bus hibiscus room crystal caves surf and turf fish feeding swim up bar minutes from the airport blue hole guest services ocean front small beach hibiscus restaurant the palm court
Reviewed 25 September 2018

I'll get the only negative out of the way first. (The reason for 4 instead of 5 rating.) I booked our stay through Grotto Bay's website. I booked the Ocean Front Deluxe room and was given a specific choice on "their website" of a room with two double beds or one king bed. I chose the king for my wife and I. It was just the two of us. On the reservation confirmation email I received, under amenities, it specifically listed king bed. When we checked in and went to our room we found two double beds. I called the front desk and said we booked a king bed. The person said we do not book king beds they are only available as a request and if available. I went to the front desk and showed the person my email with king bed listed. Again, I was told it is only if available and we will try to get one for you tomorrow. The staff was very rude about this. (This is why service overall is 4.) They did move us the next day, however, the first night of our "Bermuda get away" was my wife and I sleeping on a double bed, small and very uncomfortable. We don't live in the 50's. Management must fix this and if that is the policy it must be made clear. I noticed another review stating the same issue.
Now the positive.
The staff, (other than the room issue staff), food, restaurants, spa, beach accommodations, pool accommodations, friendly and helpful concierge, bed making and cleaning, resort facilities, cleanliness and maintenance and finally a room with King bed, made up for our first night. The food was the best of many islands we have stayed. We preferred the Hibiscus menu although the St Louis Ribs on the Palm Court menu were awesome! The bar and wait staff were fantastic. Notably, Dwayne and Winston bartenders. Cosmin and Francessio servers. They made our stay memorable. All Inclusive is worth it even if you don't drink or drink a lot. The food alone, watersports amenities and bus pass pays for it without drinks. When you check in make reservations for Hibiscus Restaurant for nightly dining and for the"Surf and Turf" on Thursday right away, if you choose. Good times book early. The concierge was very helpful with sightseeing information and questions. The spa staff were fantastic! We had an excellent couples massage! The balcony view of the water was very good. Even though you are close to the airport you rarely hear a plane. You are walking distance to Crystal Caves and other sightseeing.
Overall we had a great time at Grotto Bay!

Room tip: Specifically state you want a KING Bed. Ocean Front Deluxe is best if walking stairs is a problem.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank 16curtisj
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Do not go during “cup match”. There was a bare bones staff and all the local activities and shopping were closed. As Americans we had no idea it was a major national holiday and the staff that was working didn’t tell us where to find activity so the whole trip was a bore

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Maureen C
3413jpm, General Manager at Grotto Bay Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear Maureen C.,

Thank you very much for sharing your findings and allowing me to respond. Your trip should not have been a bore since all you had to do is spend a few minutes with our Concierge so she may inform you of all the activities happening on Island. Over Cup Match there are a ton of special events happening so you really missed out. Stores are indeed closed for Cup Match Holiday.

JP Martens

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

We had a great family vacation. We loved Brittany and all her help. Liviu was the best possible ambassador for Grotto Bay. He was so gracious and helpful to our entire family.
Grotto Bay is an excellent destination

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank robertobaggio_10
3413jpm, Public Relations Manager at Grotto Bay Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear robertobaggio_10,

Thank you for your review. It is so rewarding to hear our team has extended great service to you and your family! Your comments will be shared with the staff members mentioned for their job well done.

We look forward to welcoming your family again soon!

Reviewed 22 September 2018

Outstanding service, nice beach, fantastic beach, the room was clean, quiet and comfortable (oceanfront), and the bed was awesome!! The ocean views are fantastic. This was my second time visiting and the people are so very friendly, I've met some very interesting people including a member of Parliament

Room tip: get the oceanfront room and go with the all inclusive package
Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Harold B

Dear Harold B,

Thank for your kind comments! It really feels good to hear such wonderful feedback on the friendliness of our natives, and the outstanding service you received while staying with us. Good on you that you met a member of parliament!

We hope to welcome you again in the near future!

Reviewed 22 September 2018

We just came back from our vacation in Bermuda....it was simply awesome and part was because of the hotel. Before booking this hotel we read some reviews about the air conditioning, the staff and how outdated the hotel was, well...I was pleasantly surprised and happy when I found out all those bad reviews were not true. We had an excellent time at this hotel and everybody made it possible with their kindness, respect, consideration, patience and tons of good tips to walk around Bermuda. I strongly recommend this hotel to everybody. Their Caves are awesome...

Room tip: Our Rooms were very nice and quiet. Rooms 725, 823, 824
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Curious793239

Hello Curious793239,

Thank you for your review. Your positive feedback is very important to us. Wer'e pleased to know you've enjoyed your stay with us and can't wait to have you back with us soon!