All reviews technology park next door value for money buffet breakfast direct service super market residential area comfortable hotel quo station centre connection train downstairs internet speed case
Reviewed 10 June 2017

Every person at the hotel front desk was extremely helpful and kind during my 4 night stay for work. Staff helped me print some documents I needed and provided advice on the area.
The location is phenomenal. Literally right next to the train station. You can get to downtown Madrid in less than 30 minutes door to door. Airport takes slightly longer but still easily accessible.
Location also means some rooms are noisier than others due to train noise - I recommend requesting a room that overlooks the central courtyard to minimize train noise.
The rooms are nice, relatively large and comfortable. Internet was fast with very few hiccups.
The restaurant is okay. Breakfast is served in the restaurant normally but is moved downstairs when the hotel is above a certain % full due to space constraints. Obviously a basement breakfast room is not preferable (and the staff struggles to keep the buffet full when it is downstairs) but what can you do. A great spread regardless of whether it is up or downstairs.
Overall, not luxurious but would make a perfect low-cost option when staying in Madrid for tourism and is a solid business hotel when there for work.

Room Tip: Face the courtyard for less train noise.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel with family from 20th till 22nd...no security at the hotel ... a family was robbed from inside the hotel lobby and the staff showed least of bother about it..the room was with the breakfast ..but the breakfast was served in a polythin without water/tea or coffee whereas the Europeans were being served the breakfast at the coffe shop...experienced Racism in the first time in my life..not recommendable hotel

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2017

I spent four nights at the Quo Fierro during a business trip to Tres Cantos. The hotel room was nice and clean with a large double bed, closet, work desk, large ensuite bathroom with shower and bathtub, free wifi and a non working air condition. Breakfast was included and the hotel also had a nice restaurant open until 23:00 every day.

The staff working here was very nice and service minded and the hotel room was also very nice, but the air condition did not work as expected. When I arrived Tres Cantos it was +30 C outside and my room was very very warm. The air condition did not work properly so instead of blowing cold air it actually blew warm air making my room even warmer. The room was equipped with a window but it had the standard "suicide lock" so the window could not be completely opened. I complained about this to the reception, but they said they could not help me as the air condition would not be working for the next days. I asked if they had any extra fans I could borrow, but they did not have that.

When I was going to sleep it was just too warm, so I went down to the reception again and asked for the key to the "suicide lock", which they gave me. I could finally open the whole window letting fresh air come into my hotel room, but staying at a room facing the street still made it hard for me to sleep due to the noise of buses and larger trucks waiting for a green light just outside my window until late night and starting up again early in the morning.

The main reason I chose this hotel was because it is very close to my company's office. When it is +30 C outside you can't just say that the air condition will not be working for the next days. You have to do everything possible and impossible to get the system up and running at once. Next time I will rather try the Eurostar hotel and hope they have better air condition.

Room Tip: Honestly, you probably sleep better outside as a hobo....
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

Hotel overall is ok, room are big and clean, service is generally kind.
Only bad note is the breakfast, underground room full of people and the offer is not decent for a 4 star hotel.
An inprovement on that is higly recomended!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Cleanliness not at the optimum. Rooms would need some attention. Lighting in the renovated bathroom cold and insufficient. Gym needs renovation and replacement of the equipment. In total rather average.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business