See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We just dropped in for breakfast on Sunday morning.

Hardly any guest but service stressed and unfriendly.

Toast, croissant, coffee correct. Two orange juices in two different glasses of different sizes (I generously gave the bigger one to my wife).

They don’t make you feel welcome

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 5 January 2018

The hotel is conveniently located between the bus station and the monastery. The town centre is also reachable by foot. I have been here both privately and in a business meeting and lunch, and enjoyed it both times. Unfortunately I was not able to enjoy the semi jacuzzi-bathtub, though my wife did. We also didn't try the breakfast, because there are plenty of options in walking distance. Staff is very friendly, although I am not sure about their foreign language skills. Can only recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2017

We stayed at the hotel for four nights in connection with a three-day workshop onsite that my husband attended. The receptionists were welcoming, warm, and friendly from the moment we walked in and were very helpful throughout our stay with directions (for example, the best and most picturesque way to walk to the train station in the town). They always had a smile and a greeting. Our room was decent sized and bright, with plenty of space to put things away. Comfortable sleep. Very good rain-shower; small, thin bath towels, but we were cheerfully given more when we asked. Wifi free and reliable. Breakfast was included -- lots of choices and more than adequate, including fresh fruit, meats, cheeses, bread and rolls, chafing dish scrambled eggs, torta, and bacon. The couple of other meals we had with the group ranged from very good to okay. The hotel is well-located for visiting the monastery -- not much more than steps away -- or wandering in the town. The bus station is just down the street, and the local buses seem to be coordinated with timetables of the commuter trains to and from Madrid, so if you want to arrive or depart by train, the bus is an easy alternative to walking to or from the train station (which is downhill getting there and uphill returning).

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2017

Location is excellent but that's about it. Booked a Junior Suite but it was extremely disappointing. Bed only had sheets and a thin bedspread on it; temp that night was around 5 degrees. Very noisy, buzzing electricity fuse box in room. Desk hadn't been dusted in weeks! TV didn't work - aerial connection was loose and kept falling out. Wash hand basin in bathroom was dirty. Hallway outside room was filthy and hadn't been hoovered in weeks. However, the absolute worst part of the whole experience was breakfast - completely inedible. Everything was well past its best. Orange juice from dispenser was transparent and stank. Scrambled eggs were a watery lumpy grey mess. Even the coffee was cold from the dispenser. Water was just about ok. Couldn't eat any of the baked goods as they were all dry and stale. Little surprise we were the only people having breakfast! This establishment trades on and exploits its location and can't even provide the basics - my advice is to avoid. The very worst hotel experience of our 4 week round Spain trip

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2016

Stayed in the Hotel on a business trip, and when I was sent the cost details by work I wasn't enthusiastic. When I arrived I was more than pleasantly surprised, the hotel staff were very friendly and the hotel room very clean and spacious. Breakfast was a good selection of hot and cold food and service with a smile. There is a fabulous selection of restaurants and bars well within walking distance serving snacks, tapas and excellent quality restaurant food.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business