“I always think I like this”

Saltgrass Steak House
Get food delivered
Ranked #64 of 178 Restaurants in Mansfield
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Description: Saltgrass Steak House is an award-winning steakhouse in Mansfield, TX famous for serving Certified Angus Beef® steaks. Each steak is cooked to perfection with Saltgrass-7 Steak Spice, and topped with garlic butter. All breads, dressings, soups and desserts are made from scratch daily. Great food and legendary hospitality make Saltgrass an enjoyable experience for the whole family.
Reviewed 4 April 2021 via mobile

I always think I like this restaurant & then I get here & Im disappointed. First of all, service was not great. They were not busy but I still had to chase down my waitress to get a refill on drinks. She brought the wrong dressing for my saad but I was never able to say anything as she did not come back for a long time. I gave my salad away to someone that likes blue cheese! They overcooked the asparagus and put way too much seasoning on it. Very disappointing.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (25)

Reviewed 25 December 2020

For my Birthday, I was in the mood for a good steak and my family offered to take me as my present. They were friendly and seated us right away.
When my ribeye and potato came out cold I gave them the benefit of the doubt since my family's food was ok. I ordered a ribeye medium. It was served to me at room temperature.
It took a while to find our waitress, but she said it would be taken care of. I pointed out that it was so cold the butter had not even begun to melt. By the time the everyone had finished eating they brought me the same steak back (which was fine) but it was colder than it was when it left. I finally found the manager and point it out. I understood he would not want to touch it to see (and gauge the temperature), but when I pointed out that again the butter had not begun to melt, he began to argue that the steaks to not get hot enough to melt butter. The meat was not just cool it was cold to the touch. I was a cook for 10 years and assured him the steak was not at even 80 degrees at this point.
During this time they had pushed 4 large tables together and had seated a large party of 15 to 20 people next to us. I was sure that there was a Texas ordinance of a maximum of 10 people to a table due to COVID social distancing. My adult kids grew very uncomfortable due to the lack of social distancing and decided to stand outside the restaurant while we waited for 15/20 minutes to try and pay our bill. We finally fount our waitress and paid and left.
Salt grass, you really let us down.

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank TexasSteakLover_84
Reviewed 11 August 2020

This is a pleasant restaurant with upscale western decor. Good food,priced as expected for a steak house, generally good service. It was our family's special birthday place until they discontinued their incredible chocolate cake. The best chocolate cake ever, so sad. we don't dine here nearly as often

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 22 June 2020

I have been coming to Saltgrass for about 10 years now and recently moved from the Lewisville area, near the Mansfield location. I have had bad experiences before at other locations but, lewisville and Mansfield seem to keep the standard high for Saltgrass. The Ribeye is always so flavorful and marbled very well. My wife always orders the filet which she loves, the sides are just as delicious and even the salads are fresh and not sitting out all day like other chains and come out brown. The salads are always fresh and green and very good with the in house made dressings.
The bar serves great cocktails and the Texas tea is by far my favorite on the list. It is Always a pleasure to visit here.

Date of visit: June 2020
Reviewed 31 March 2020

I thought everything was suppose to be "bigger" in Texas. That's not the case w/steak. I paid $44 for this: a "salad" made of lettuce, bread crumbs, & dressing. A "steak" the size of 3 golf balls, 23 fries, a 1/2 starved chicken breast & an acceptable baked potatoe. Don't waste your money. You will leave hungry & without $44

Date of visit: March 2020