“Mixed feedback”
Review of La Tequila Jalisco

La Tequila Jalisco
Ranked #19 of 27 Restaurants in Kingsland
Reviewed 3 May 2018

We had to try the new place... Disappointed..did not really care for the seasoning of the Beef Enchilada's, nor the texture of the refried beans....gave it a 2nd try, Fajitas, we didn't care for them much either, small and over cooked....but my wife loves the breakfast Taco's, and I an fine with the Texas breakfast ....also the burgers looked good !!

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Decent atmoshere with friendly service and food quickly served. Crispy taco and beef enchilada are near tasteless. Lettuce had brown edges and tomatoes were not ripe. Hot sauce and guacamole above average. Cocktails not so good. Better Mexican food is available nearby. Overall not impressed.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We’re from Colorado and not used to Texas style Mexican food-“where’s the Green Chili?” But we found this restaurant to be pretty darn good. The Margaritas were good and our server was very helpful. It was difficult to explain what Green Chili is but we managed to eat without it. The Grandkids had Quesadillas and we all had different menu items and I can’t complain really about any of it. We were satisfied.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

This restaurant had been open only a short time. Hopefully it will improve with experience. Our waitress didn’t seem familiar with any of the menu except the beers, did not check back with us, didn’t deliver everything ordered, and basically didn’t seem too interested in doing her job. The food was slightly above Taco Bell. The guacamole was almost liquid - I’m not sure how it could have been prepared to be of that consistency. We couldn’t pay at the table and the check was indecipherable. The people at the register didn’t seem real clear on how to check us out.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

The first impression I had as we entered the La Tequila was absolutely terrible. Almost to the point that an immediate U-Turn was to be made for a hasty exit. The stench of bleach just about knocked me over. Granted, I am more susceptible to the smell than most however, tonight a person with a major malfunction of the olfactory mechanism would have been set back. Still, I wanted to try the place.
Although the food was served quickly, which I appreciated, it lacked taste and seemed to be direct from Costco. The rice was warm, just warm enough not to be considered cold. Same with the refried beans. The carne had the consistency of something out of a can and it too was lacking taste. The enchiladas, I know I have seen and tasted as samples, were tasteless, tepid in temperature and with only a very small amount of cheese in them. Basically, what I seemed to have been served was a T.V. dinner that was heated in a microwave that was running on half power. I do have to commend them on their coffee. It was excellent. Smelled great, tasted great and was nice and hot. Sadly, I was there for supper. Not for a cup of coffee.

Been to La Tequila Jalisco? Share your experiences!