“Fresh farm to table”

Whiskey Cake Kitchen and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Whiskey Cake Kitchen and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 653 Restaurants in Katy
Reviewed 3 May 2018

We went during late morning. We had breakfast and lunch. Great menu for all times of the day. Great Whiskey selection. The need to add some Texas Wines to their menu. The Whiskey Cake dessert is a "must try' !

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I love whiskey cakes! The food is locally sourced and is top quality! We've been there several times, but this review focuses on breakfast. It's simply amazing! I loved the chicken and waffles. Fresh juices. Friendly staff. Great atmosphere. "Interesting" bathrooms.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

This has to be one of the best restaurants in the Houston area. The service is outstanding. The servers are very attentive and friendly. The food is outstanding. I recommend there sirloin. It is very reasonably priced and the quality is that of a steakhouse. The lightly seasoned potatoes that the dish comes with are very tasty. They have a unique “whisky” cake, that is very good. It is a chocolate cake with an infused whisky frosting. As the name would suggest and if you are a fan of whisky; they have every type of whisky you can think of. They do have other liquors as well, if you are not a fan of whisky. My only compliant is that the restaurant is in the outskirts of Houston in a small suburb called Katy. I wish they had a location in Houston. It is however worth the drive.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We were surprised that when we arrived about 8pm on a Tuesday and had to wait 30 minutes for a table. Perhaps because it is new. They gave us a ‘buzzer’ and we waited in a ‘lounge’ area, with a couch and chairs, in the back of the restaurant near the restroom.
The restrooms are unisex with full length frosted glass doors (that I felt you could see waaay too much through) and there was a large communal sink. The automatic flush was apparently not savvy enough to flush after many patrons and it was not obvious how to manually flush, so there were lots of unpleasant surprises, and no seat protection.
The menu was not huge, but had a pretty solid selection. We started with the board of meats and cheeses, spreads, and a little bread. It was good, but not ‘wow’ good, much like the rest of our meal - chicken and waffles, and the OMG burger. It was all just ok, and I was starving. The best part of the meal was by far their namesake - the whiskey cake dessert.
I feel like I’ve been in similar concept restaurants with more delicious food at a comparable price. The service was just ok - not outstanding or awful. The atmosphere was good, relaxed with a good vibe. If someone wanted to meet here, I’d join them, but I’d make sure I used the bathroom before going.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

The service was top notch, food was some of the best we have had in a while. The namesake whiskey cake is a must.