“The standard for Indian food in the Houston area”
Review of the curry house

the curry house
Ranked #10 of 306 Restaurants in Humble
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Curry House is simply amazing and all about good Indian food. No nonsense atmosphere with very friendly and helpful service. The food is authentic and of very high quality. A nice detail for vegetarians is the fact that they have a large section on the menu with vegetable only meals and they are all great. This place is highly recommended and simply a must go if you like Indian food.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I am an adventurous person and am not affraid to try new food. This restaurant never lets me down. The staff will even "teach" you to combine certain dishes to enhance one's experience. It is good and so authentic that you will smell like curry all day...and that is okay. My wife and I enjoy eating here when we are craving Indian food.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

I used to just like Indian food, but after eating at The Curry House (in Humble), I now LOVE Indian food. This place has food that ranks as "divine", and I've never tasted anything on the menu that was not amazing. After trying out Indian food in a number of cities across the U.S., this place remains my favorite (no contest).

We always start off with the delicious lamb samosa appetizer (though the free and fresh naan "chips" and different sauces are immediately inhaled, too...those sauces are incredible). In terms of main course, we like to try different items and then share them---it's impossible to go wrong with anything offered. Several of our favorites include the vindaloos, the lamb and the hariyali chicken kebabs, and the paneers. The vindaloos are the perfect level of spicy (and spicy in a great, flavorful way, not just for the sake of being hot), the paneers are a great blend of spicy with a hint of sweet, and the kebabs are outstanding (the lamb has hints of citrus while the chicken with the mint sauce is perfection). The rice dishes are great, too, but honestly, the naan bread is straight out of a gastronomic dream (so soft, so butter-y, so delicious...worth every calorie).

We've never tried out the lunch buffet--once you've eaten there, it's hard not to just order exactly what you're craving--but I've heard the lunch options are good, too. The prices are very reasonable, and the portions are equally generous. I've brought out-of-town guests to this place and their reaction was the same: best Indian food ever!

So, if you even "like" Indian food, I would HIGHLY suggest this place. I never knew that I'd be such a fan of it, but this restaurant is top-notch. (I have not tried the other locations; the Humble one is so good that I'm willing to drive a little extra to KNOW that my food will be delicious). Plus, the staff is always very kind and intent on making sure you enjoy your food.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

We took a chance and stopped here to have Indian food for lunch. We were extremely pleased with the variety of foods that were offered at the buffet. Not only was the food excellent, but the atmosphere was pleasing and the service was spot on. Will definitely tell our friends and we will most assuredly be back.

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

The food was great!! The portions were the perfect size! Would recommend to anyone. The only down side was that the naan was not freshly made.