“Very good, nothing outstanding 3.5”

Pappasito's Cantina
Ranked #5 of 322 Restaurants in Humble
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 March 2018

Would rate this a 3.5 if I could. Certainly the vibe and design a restaurant has adds to the experience. Because we ate on a Friday night, we were packed into a 4-top table that didn't quite leave room for our server to go around. Despite that, she was fast and attentive.

Probably the first thing that hit me were the prices. I'm just not used to seeing $24 fish tacos at a Mexican restaurant. That made me change my decision toward the more classic fare.

There were 4 of us and 2 got the signature burrito. One got the redfish tacos and I opted of the chicken tenga enchilada and taco.

One of the people who had been there before raved about The Wave, so got a jumbo one. Gotta agree, it was very tasty.

So, typical tex mex, intense eating environment and OK pricing mean I probably wouldn't go back (most likely since I'm an out-of-towner), but instead look for a smaller venue with decent food.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

The food here was very good. We went twice and enjoyed our meals both times.
Fajitas were good, but my goodness the size of the portion was enough for 2 or 3 people!
My mother's tacos were very good as well.

One small complaint was the margaritas were not very good, and served in a long glass which I find a bit odd.

The service was very good and friendly.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Pappasito’s is a great place to introduce visitors and tourists to Tex-Mex: beef fajitas and shrimp brochettes will change your life they’re so amazing! Prices (like a lot of places) have gone through the roof so don’t be alarmed if the bill for 2 is around $80...no joke...
Consistency can be a tad lacking and the menu changes fairly frequently which can leave you feeling a bit sad. Also the tables are tiny so you end up looking for any place to put your giant margarita, I mean glass of water and fajitas and rice and beans and tortillas and fajitas and oh no, now my mouth is watering!

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

The food here is consistently good. Always get the cheese dip, fajitas. The cheese enchiladas are very good as well. Highly recommend. We frequent the one in Humble Texas.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

We shared a platter of fajitas and grilled shrimp...more than enough for two of us for sure. On the salty side, beef was so tender and fresh tortillas....great homemade salsa and chips to start. Even real hot tea here, a rare commodity down south. Nothing super special but good quality and lots of it.