“Best sushi around”
Review of Asian City

Asian City
Reserve with OpenTable
Asian City is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 306 Restaurants in Humble
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Asian City is a locally owned Asian themed restaurant. We have been opened for 20 years now. We serve a wide variety of dishes from Chinese cuisine to Hibachi to Sushi. There is always something for everyone here. We have a full bar with many import beers that other places do not serve. We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed 30 March 2017

I can't comment on the other offerings, but the sushi bar is first rate. OK, I've been to Tokyo and its not as good as that (or nearly as expensive), but for suburban Houston, it's pretty darn good. Daniel-san is especially friendly and entertaining. All the sushi chefs are very competent and have been there for years. If you are in Humble, give ti a try. You won't be disappointed.

Richard L, Manager at Asian City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Gus, thanks for the great review. Yes Daniel is one of our top sushi chefs who have been there for close to 20 years now.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

First time visit to this restaurant and the food was exceptionally good. The service was in nice. It was a sunny day outside but the restauranthas a dark atmosphere to it. I just love natural sunlight when eating out. My preference would be more lighting but the service and food were fantastic.

Richard L, Owner at Asian City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Tastetoenjoy, well noted, we will look into that.

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

Everything is always so good here. We always end up over ordering. So many things to choose from on and off the menu. I have gone here since it opened. Although I no longer live near I still visit when I am able. Be prepared for a wait on the weekends as this is a local favorite.

Richard L, Owner at Asian City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate you being a loyal customer for these 20+ years!

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

The sushi rolls we ordered all had a little OFFISH about them. A little funky, a little fishy, a little not right. The Peking Duck was downright grody. I'm not the type to give bad reviews, and try to give places the benefit of the doubt... but this place just SUCKS. How they got the seal of approval from TripAdvisor is beyond me. PLUS it was grossly overpriced. Just go to the buffet. Yuck.

Richard L, Owner at Asian City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2017

Colt, I apologize for the experience you had at our restaurant. Do you remember what sushi rolls you had so I can take a look at the fish to see if there is anything wrong with it. Also when you say the Peking Duck is grody what do you mean? Did it taste bad or something else. We would like to know so we can see what we can do to remedy the problem. Also what dishes did you feel were overpriced so we can look at those dishes. Again I apologize and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Typical sushi and hibachi grill joint. Chef and food were excellent. Service was slow and lacking. We sat for 10 minutes before our waiter showed up. We had to ask for silverware, sushi menus and extra drinks.

Richard L, Owner at Asian City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

Thank you for the review. I apologize for the slow service and we are taking a closer look at it to fix the problem.