1,754 results
All reviews koi pond gold bar energy corridor west side covered parking nice hotel mini bar breakfast buffet business trip lobby area self parking atrium wedding katy robes conference freeway
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

All of the staff were helpful, although not too speedy. The room & lobby were very dated, despite attempts to update the popcorn ceiling, polyester bedspreads, pinkish paint, and architectural style all felt very late 80's/early 90's. The temperature in my room was either ice box or sauna and was loud all night long. The bathroom was very small; I'm only 5'2", so I can't imagine a tall/heavy person dealing with trying to shut the door. I preordered breakfast on one of those door cards that I put out the night before, but it arrived 45+ minutes late (no charge, but I was still late to the first session of my conference). The bar and restaurant were both average, but also felt like stepping back to the 80's (but not in a good way).

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
HOUMGR, Public Relations Manager at Omni Houston Hotel Westside, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dear Wendy S,
Thank you for visiting Omni Houston Hotel at Westside. We appreciate your candid comments and are sorry we did not meet all your expectations. We try very hard to provide amenities to our guests that will make your stay more pleasurable and assure you that a bar concept is currently in design for the completion of our renovation coming later this year. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 October 2018

I don't know where they put the rest of you, but our room was dark and dingy and smelled of mildew. We had to re-wash our clean clothes because the drawers left them with a foul odor. We could not walk barefoot on the carpet because it felt damp. We had to go buy scented candles because the room smelled so bad. The room was in desperate need of new carpeting and fresh paint. The worst part is, they sent me an opinion survey afterward. When I expressed these same issues to them, as well as a desire for a refund, I heard absolutely NOTHING. Not good.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear KRSDC,
Thank you for visiting Omni Houston Hotel at Westside. We are thrilled you enjoyed the service provided by our associates. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced as a result of the unacceptable condition in your room. I can assure you we take your comments seriously and they will be reviewed with our team to prevent a recurrence of this type in the future. We hope you reconsider and we have another opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

The buffet food was better than any I have experienced at a hotel. The service was excellent. There is no computer available to print a boarding pass but the front desk was more than accommodating in printing one for us.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear Sarah5704,
Thanks for getting in touch about your stay with us. I'm so thrilled to hear you had positive interactions with staff and that we were able to print out your boarding pass. We'll look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back!

Reviewed 7 October 2018

To get to the swimming pool you need to go up a floor then decend a dirty and unpleasant fire escape. The pool is on the ground fllor and can be accessed from there, so it is not clear why the unpleasant roundabout route to get there.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
HOUMGR, Public Relations Manager at Omni Houston Hotel Westside, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Hi Jonathan, Thank you for getting in touch about your stay. I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience of using the alternate route to access the pool facilities. This was most likely due to a private event in the prefunction area that leads to the pool. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

Left bug bites over our bodies !!! Staff were great but hotel was old, tired , hotel pool dirty and in the middle of nowhete. Very disappointed and sir condition seems to have a funny smell. We also had to reset our key four times.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear lisavk3347VI,
Thank you for getting in touch about your stay. We take injury of our guests very seriously and encourage you to get in contact with us immediately so we can assess the situation properly and come to a solution together. Thank you again and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.