“Quail Delight”

Teotihuacan Mexican Cafe
Ranked #1,033 of 8,397 Restaurants in Houston
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great variety of menu selections. Price range affordable. A plus that the restaurant is in my neighborhood.
I had never had quail and decided to try it. I loved the dish that came with grilled quail, onions, charro beans, rice, pico de gallo, guacamole and I had a flour tortilla. I recommend this restaurant.
Pleasant attentive staff.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

If you like authentic Mexican food, this is the place. It kind of remind me of the local eateries we have visited while vacationing south of the border. Nothing fancy. Just good food tastes like home cooking, reasonably priced and friendly service. It also opens for breakfast. Menu is quite extensive like with over ten choices of grilled sizzling plates. Enjoy the happy hour frozen margarita available from morning till sunset?

Reviewed 3 May 2017

I have to start by saying that this is my friend's, who is from Mexico City, favorite Mexican restaurant in Houston. I should have slowed down and read the menu a little more closely. Instead, I ordered my favorite fish tacos. They don't have fish tacos on the menu, but they made some anyway. The result was fish that was overwhelmed by the flour tortilla and which was served without a typical sauce. The 'tacos' (more like burritos) were huge to be sure and everything else was good. But, I learned a lesson.
The restaurant itself is very pleasant and traditionally decorated. The service was very good and we both took leftovers to go.
Especially based on my friend's recommendation, I will go back and give them another chance... and order off the menu.

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

And to be quite honest, I'm not even a fan of Tex Mex but this place cooks with so much flavor. Mondays kids eat free AND all day night happy hour with $2.99 house margaritas. You leave with a full belly and a little buzz. It's the best this part of town has to offer. I recommend their stuffed avacados (OMG) and mixed fajita plate.

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

A must eat.

Ate breakfast but the good will last you for two meals.

A great variety of specials from 5.99 - 10.99. And they do not skimp.

Ordered the 5.99 chorizo and egg (3 eggs) special and it comes w beans potatoes, it was huge can feed 2 easily.

Ordered the fajitas and eggs, again huge.

Ordered the chilaquiles verdes, tip, you can add meat to it, we did, pulled chicken. Again huge plate.

A must Mexican breakfast. Not a 5 due to no Mexican barbarcoa.

Large restaurant, but not crowded. Staff was very friendly and attentive.

1  Thank hpresas