“Reasonably Priced Authentic Mexican”

Teotihuacan Mexican Cafe
Ranked #1,037 of 8,398 Restaurants in Houston
Reviewed 4 August 2016

We were visiting family in the Westbury neighborhood of Houston and decided to try this restaurant for lunch due to it's proximity. After dining here on a Friday afternoon, we felt we'd made a great choice! The chips and salsa were great as were the fajita nachos (beef), enchiladas (chicken), soft tacos (beef), and the Teotihuacan Burritos. The burritos received RAVE reviews! The flour tortillas are hand-made here and were delicious. The portions were large and prices more than reasonable. We grabbed carry-out menus on our way out and left them with our son and his family who recently moved to Houston. I've heard they've ordered carry-out twice since we visited the restaurant just over a week ago!!!

Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

I had a long, leisurely lunch with my sister. The chicken poblano was the Thursday special so I decided to try it. I love their spinach enchiladas so I was taking a big chance. The sauce was creamy with ample mushrooms and big pieces of poblano pepper. The beans and rice are above average and the red salsa is great. The service was friendly and attentive. I can't wait to return.

Reviewed 19 May 2016

Four of us visited this place a couple of weeks ago. First impressions were good; clean table, clean floors and chips and salsa arrived as soon as we were seated. We got the Teotihuacan Parillada, which contained beef fajitas, bacon wrapped shrimp (bacon wrapped shrimp with the shells still on?) beef short ribs and grilled quail. Only problem was the shrimp still in shells, and the beef ribs which were cooked beyond being done to the point of all the meat burned off. Sides of rice and charra beans were good, however the rice was room temperature. Happy hour margaritas made up for some of the food's shortcomings. They made a mistake and charged me full price for the margaritas, but before I actually caught the error, they came back and refunded me the difference on their own. Kudos for their honesty.

Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

The breakfast menu is excellent. Try the Huevos Mexicanos or the Chiliquilles. The breakfast tacos are huge.
Dinner is equally good. My favorite is the El Picudo platter which features a fried stuffed avocado. Amazing!
This restaurant is not fancy but the food and service are outstanding. This place never disappoints me.

Reviewed 19 March 2016

Not the best location but the food is truly remarkable. Fish dishes are phenomenal. Also pollo mexia with fresh tomatoes, garlic and red onions is out of this world. Great salsa too!