“really good authentic food”

Taqueria Tepatitlan
Ranked #2,400 of 8,667 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 May 2018

first time coming here and it was on karaoke night ...loud as hell .... The food choices were plenty but we were surprised at the freshness of all of our selections . the carne asada was cooked just right and so were the green enchiladas. They were siced just right . Their charro beans were nice and fresh also . This place is the real deal .

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Had dinner here with family and friend. Their mole sauce was quite good on pollo enchiladas, also had enchiladas rojo and carne asada. Margaritas were basic, and the usual selection of beer. Very good service.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Over the past several weeks I have eaten here and have been reluctant to write a review until I had enough experience with this location.
I can happily say that this place has really good food. We stopped in today for a late breakfast. Menudo, great hangover food, tacos with chorizo, and guacamole.
The chorizo tacos were really good. Be sure to ask for homemade tortillas. Otherwise you might get the pre-made.
The guacamole was fresh and not burdened with onions, I don’t like that kind.
In the past we had the fajitas chicken and beef. Avoid chicken, it’s hard to get right and more often than not it’s dry. The beef is tasty but don’t expect it to be like some other places. It’s Mexican style not Tex-mex-mercian

Overall, good value for the money.

Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

Been to this location several times, usually great food. This trip my food came out after my son had finished his. The waitress apologized, but my food wasn't hot or very good. I will give it another try next time I'm in town

Reviewed 24 May 2011

Several factors make for a truly authentic atmosphere. Table tops. & chair backs are brightly painted and carved with murals. Adjacent bar is very dark with Singing and guitar playing. Food, which is outstanding, and drinks are very moderately priced. Highly recommend the shrimp cocktail starter but share if you can as too much for one person.