“Awesome empanadas ”

Cuisines: Latin
Neighbourhood: Westchase
Neighbourhood: Westchase
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

This was my first visit to the original Marini's Empanadas House and will not be my last.
The staff us very friendly and helpful explaining the menu favorites and best sellers. Which ones are spicy and not so spicy.
The kitchen is clean and open so you can watch how their products are made.
Now the most important part, the empanadas. These are the best empanadas I have ever had. Use caution when biting into the empanadas as the filling is hot. All are made fresh to order so don't expect to get them right as you order. They are worth the short wait. All in all from order to finishing our meal was under an hour.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

The staff in this restaurant were all very friendly and on top of cleaning tables. It gets very busy at lunch time and it is not very big. The dessert empanadas were all amazing and I tried about 6 different empanadas. They were tasty but none of them blew my mind except the Humita, I added ham to it. The ones with tomato sauce were not my favorite, I guess the flavor of the sauce. Great price for them!

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Found this through recs on trip advisor.... highly recommend the fugetti. Good Argentinian beer. Only reason it's 4 stars and not 5 is that on the wall it advertises a happy hour with 6 empanadas and a glass of sangria for 5.95 and they didn't honor that.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Wonderful empanadas! Tasty and hot. Especially liked the Beef Gaucho, and the Tex Mex. Very friendly, and unpretentious. Will return again.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

I love both locations but was VERY disappointed with my last visit to this one. I don't like my empanadas fried in grease so old that mystery pieces of burnt things are stuck all over it. Not cool!