“Yummaaah”

Ranked #141 of 8,381 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Full service Mexican food excellence!! Top notch wait staff and the enchiladas are the bomb. Good queso too!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We have been going to this restaurant for many years. My daughter gets the craving at least 2 times per week though we force ourselves to cook at home. She does eat there at least 3 times per month. Ironically the owner worked at my favorite restaurant back when I was growing up. It was also my childhood friend's favorite place. She moved to Oregon state 20 years ago and was yet to find enchiladas as she remembered them. She recently visited and we took her to Lopez for dinner. She was soooo excited to finally please her taste buds once again.The enchiladas she tasted took her back to her teenage years. What a happy moment that was!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Good food, but not fabulous. I thought it was rather bland and I typically don’t like my food to be too spicy. Fresh-made guacamole was very good.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Had the chicken tortilla soup: 3.5 out of 5.
Margaritas were great...perfect blend
Guac rocked
My wife's chicken enchiladas were too cheesy, as is my title for this review.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

The food and the service are second to none! I have been a frequent customer of Lopez Mexican restaurant for 40 years and it remains consistently great. True Tex - Mex as it used to be.