“Perfect for a special occasion”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 8,904 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$0 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Yorktown
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. One of only a few restaurants in Houston to receive the DiRona (Distinguished Restaurants of North America) Award.
Reviewed 28 August 2018

The Capital Grille has incredible steaks that melt in your mouth. The wait staff is highly attentive. Ambiance is elegant and classy. I would recommend any of their locations for a special occasion or for a client dinner to impress.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

This is a typical very high-end steak house that is very nicely appointed with great service, but for the price, it is wished that the food was superb rather than just really good (which it is). I can't fault it for anything but that. Everything is a la carte, and there is no getting around that your tap will be "up there" quickly. Be prepared--if you don't have an expense account! For the "regular person", it is definitely a special occasion experience.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

This is an upper end classic steak house, and has a few famous folks favourite wines under lock and key in the front, including George W’s.

Overall a great restaurant, they will make almost anything for you on request, we asked for just berries and unsweetened creme fraiche for dessert and there it was!

Wine selection is extensive, lots to choose from, including by the glass.

Tables are set far enough apart so that you can have a conversation without being in
someone else’s lap.

Our waitress (and I can’t remember her name) was absolutely fantastic, just a card to talk to, she bantered with us, made excellent suggestions for meals and was probably the best waitress I’ve had in a long time.

By all accounts from my friends, the steaks were excellent and they looked it. They appeared to be on par with a restaurant of this stature.

I chose something different, the Alaskan king crab legs, already cracked. Just delicious. If they have it on special, get it, because it was the best crab legs I’ve had.

The Mac and cheese is an amazingly good side, a must have recommended by our waitress.

Not too noisy, great ambience, a mainstay option to choose from.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

My wife and I are both in our 60's, but we just celebrated our 4th anniversary last month. To mark the occasion, we spent the weekend in Houston. To start things off, I made reservations at the Capital Grill on Westheimer. I cannot begin to tell you how special they made us feel. We had a reservation for 7:00 and we arrived right around that time. They immediately took us to a waiting table with a congratulatory note and a lovely rose with petals (see attached pic). Our waiter, Jacob Torres, was very personable and professional. My wife and I had drinks, a great appetizer of boiled shrimp and lump crab meat, split a huge steak with a couple of great sides, and were treated to a very special dessert compliments of the house. It was already a great night when Jacob informed us that my wife's son had called in and paid for the meal. Wow! Words cannot begin to describe how honored and special we felt! We thanked the manager, Steve Joest for making our night so memorable and we made sure to brag about Jacob!

Thank you to Steve, Jacob, and the staff at Capital Grille for making this such a special night.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We went to the Capital Grille for HRW. The restaurant offered some additions to the HWR menu for a small up-charge which was a very nice option.

One of us chose the lobster bisque for an extra five dollars. That choice was well worth it! Lots of lobster meat in a very delicious cream bisque. Some of the best bisque ever!

And the filets were outstanding per usual: Buttery flavor, cooked to perfection. The sides of smashed potatoes and French greens beans were also very good.

Best of all was the cheesecake with berry topping and fresh fruit. The portion was smaller but really great with a sugar crust on top like a creme brûlée.

Probably one of the better HRW options and a bargain for $45 at one of Htown’s best steak houses. You will be glad you helped the Houston Food Bank and have an excellent meal for your effort!