“Authentic Jamaican Food!!!”

Cool Runnings Jamaican Grill
Ranked #394 of 8,381 Restaurants in Houston
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I love the Rum Punch....omg! Ok, note the food is good, my fav is both the chicken & beef patties, jerk chicken and cabbage. My friend tried the Jamaican burger and wasn't pleased. Overall, the menu has more great authentic food to choose from.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

The appetizer section included fresh shrimp and a variety of fresh fruits including mango. All of it was beautiful!

The jerk chicken, curry chicken and red snapper were fabulous. So we're the plantains.

Service was efficient and elegant.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

enjoyed a real Jamaican breakfast, from cornmeal porridge to to cooked-to-order Ackee & Saltfish , with 'food'- yam , banana,dumpling, plantain etc etc. got patties and some chicken soup too, everyting was Irie !

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

First time trying Jamaican cuisine and it did not disappoint. They were so busy that it took longer than I expected for the good to come out but once I got it it was finger licking good. There was just enough spice to keep it tasteful but I could've definitely gone for more.

Not in the downtown area but close enough that the drive isn't bad.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

I was feeling for some 'Yard' food as we Jamaicans refer to our food from Jamaica. Love this place bestest ever food from 'yard.' The chicken patty and soup was really great. I also ordered curry goat and oxtail (I'll buy it as I'm too lazy to cook it myself). You have to go and try everything it's all excellent! The beef and vegetable patty. Heh try beef patty with coco bread. Put the beef patty in between the coco bread. Then oxtail, curry goat and don't forget to try jerk chicken and stew chicken or snapper fish (fried or steamed ). You must drink a Jamaican soft drink called ting(grapefruit soda), cola champagne or ginger beer (dis is the real thing no carbonated stuff) and who la la desert sweet potato pudding. Aah now I want to go home. Enjoy