2,956 results
All reviews cookies and milk rooftop pool cookie buffet minute maid park complimentary happy hour great hotel valet parking downtown area within walking distance free breakfast astros game convention center yogurt toyota center enjoyed my stay free shuttle business trip
Reviewed 25 October 2016

This hotel has a wonderful location, just a couple of blocks away from the Jones Hall, the downtown park and surrounded by great restaurants and taverns.
The rooms are very spacious and comfortable, they offer complimentary breakfast and drinks in the afternoon.
The view of downtown Houston from the pool located at the roof is incredible.
Definitely we will be back in our next trip to Houston.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2016

During a large conference my friend's room was accidentally cancelled at another hotel. When asked, Magnolia Hotel added her to my room and provided a cot and extra towels. When travel agency found her a different room, I had no problem getting her removed or had issues with my bill. Everyone was very friendly and supportive and room very clean. Free evening reception was great and would have loved the free cookies later that night if had the time! I only drink decaf coffee and housekeeping was happy to leave me extra when I asked. I had a lovely 3 nights.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2016

Really nice hotel with very helpful staff. The room was very spacious, it was always clean and I loved the happy hour and the cookie and milk times! I went there for a conference and I only have two critics to do: the conference rooms were too cold due to the air conditioning and the room view was very bad.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Gilda L
Reviewed 13 October 2016

I've been staying at the magnolia for business trips for over ten years. It was a nice boutique hotel, a little different with attentive staff. Recently, I've noticed small things slide a little: no minibar (important when you get in at 1 a.m.), lack of cleanliness, shorter happy hour with too few staff serving. Last time I went I made the mistake of leaving behind gifts that I had bought for my family. I knew exactly where they were in my room. I emailed and asked and got the answer "Sorry, no one has turned anything in." That tells me that some of the staff are not honest... It's my own fault for being so stupid but it also means that I cannot trust the staff in this hotel. It's not the cost, it's the principle. Maybe I'll use the Hyatt or the Hilton form now on.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank ElTigre2014
Mark C, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2016

El Tigre,

First, thank you for staying with us for the last 10 year, your business and loyalty are both very much appreciated. Sorry to hear you were not happy with your most recent stay. We do still have minibars in our rooms, however, we do have a floor that does not have them for instances with minors in rooms or people with children. My apologies that you were given one of these rooms on your last visit. We do have our complimentary happy hour, which is and has always been from 5:30 to 6:30 for the last 12 years. As you can imagine giving away free drinks to an entire hotel full of guests can get costly, we feel that a full hour is a reasonable amount of time for our guests to enjoy this unique option. It is unfortunate the gifts for your family were not found. In the years that I have been here, we have never had an issue with theft with our staff. Almost all of our Housekeepers have been with us for 5 years or more and they are very proud of their performance and value the job much more than items left behind in a guest room. Every day, we can have up to dozens of items turned in that were left behind by our guests and in most cases, they are successfully returned to their owners; I am sorry that your case had a less successful outcome.
I am sad to hear you will not return. Should you change your mind and consider giving us another chance, please reach out to me directly so I can ensure you have a perfect stay on your next visit. We appreciate your feedback and your loyalty for all these years!

Reviewed 11 October 2016

My son and his new wife hosted their wedding guests at The Magnolia in Houston. It was a great stay and added to the fun of the wedding. Being out of town, the shuttle took us to anywhere we needed to go. That was great! We always ran into friends and family members at the delicious free brunch. I think the bacon set a new standard! Delicious! I have to admit, we had the cookies and milk everyday. The variety and freshness of the cookies was awesome and fun. It was the perfect setting to meet and greet family.

The young people gathered at the Second Floor bar and had a great time. They could enjoy a few drinks and just take the elevator down to their rooms. The rooftop jaccuzzi and pool was used by young and kind of young alike! I believe the Wedding was enhanced by these accomodations.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family