All reviews hobby airport waffle iron room was large comfortable stay hotel room shuttle hurricane harvey proximity
Reviewed 29 May 2018

SUPER 8 NORTH DID NOT HONOR MY RESERVATION!
I booked a room with 3 beds for four family adult members as described on my confirmation letter {1 extra-large double bed (71-82 inches wide), 2 large double beds (60-70 inches wide}.

The room we checked in was 2 beds. I asked the front desk, she told me Super 8 North has no room with 3 beds in their entire property. I checked my confirmation e-mail on my smart phone wanting to show her, surprisingly, the bed size was changed to 1 king bed? I took several screen shots.It was unbelievable and unacceptable at all.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Well it is what it is I guess. Arrived an hour before check-in because it's located right across from the airport. They refused to check us in early and we had to wait until they were ready. Elevators still don't work. Phone doesn't work. Breakfast, well, at least there's coffee. Soda machine emtpy. Rust bottom of tub and rotting plaster in the bathroom. On a positive, room is really big, bed is comfortable and water pressure in the shower better than most. It could be nicer I guess if they spent some time on maintenance. I guess for the convenience of the location to the airport, we walked there, it's an ok place. Neighborhood is a bit shady, but you get what you pay for.

Room tip: Hopefully they fix the Elevators if not get a ground floor room
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2018

This hotel was flooded during hurricane Harvey. Even though 6 to 7 months has passed, there is still work needed. I asked for a wake up call AND set the clock in the room. Neither worked. I was an hour late in waking. Thank goodness this location is DIRECTLY across the street from Hobby Airport and I was able to make my very EARLY flight. The early morning staff (a guy) was not very pleasant to deal with. The night girl was EXTREMELY friendly & helpful.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

It’s close to the airport an close to downtown . The lights in the room didn’t work to sell an no maid service ever also there elevator was broken dude to a flood. There parking lots was a little flood as well

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2018

The girl at the desk was simply fabulous. I needed to print boarding passes or be charged $20, and she went out of her way to ensure it was done, just wow. Thanks so much. I'm not sure what her name was and can't find it, but I hope the company researches it and promotes her or gives her a significant pay raise.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple