“Disappointing Dinner”

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #1,249 of 8,898 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed 22 February 2018

We were looking for a good steak dinner close to our airport hotel. It was Valentines day and we expected places to be busy.We decided on the Texas Roadhouse. We got there and had less than a 5 minute wait. Our waitress was very personable and we were seated in a booth hat was comfortable - except for the fans that made it rather cold. Someone else must have said something, soon after we noticed the ceiling fans had been turned off. Not really a big deal.

When we ordered, we ordered their two/fer special and a beer. Our entre came out before our salads were finished and shortly after our appetizer was delivered.

We ordered our steaks medium rare - what I got was a grey steak that had little flavor,a lot of fat and if I looked, I could find some grill marks on the meat. Her steak was slightly less grey and had some light grill marks and a bit more flavor.

It was disappointing to have en expectation of a nice dinner out and not be able to enjoy it. They did remove the appetizer from our bill and my steak since i was visually apparent that it was not cooked properly. Will we go back on our next trip? Doubtful - there are simply too may other options.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

This place has been "go to place for a good steak" for a good while now. Though, the menu is big, I always get the porter house steak. They seem to always cook the porter house perfectly and they do not skimp on the size. I will continue to return for this plate sized delicious steak with all of the fixins.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

I had the Chicken Fried Chicken entree with Baked Sweet Potato and corn with sweet tea and my wife had the beef medallions green beans and rice. The rolls were to die for and fresh. They really know how to treat the Veterans. !!!

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

The peanut shells were not cleaned off the floor. Is this part of the ambience?
The bread is super delicious, freshly baked and serve hot. Mouth watering.
I had the rib eye 10 oz. with shrimp, added mushroom on top of the steak. Baked sweet potato and salad with the entree.
It was my 1st time eat here,not impress with the steak. I can eat steak with a better tastes, price and sides somewhere else.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We come here all the time and the food is usually very good with a great price. However, we are starting to notice that some of the cuts of meat seem to be much more fatty now than before. I'm not sure if they have switched suppliers or are buying a cheaper product to reduce overhead, but some of the steak kabob meat has been disappointing lately. The ribs are still top notch for a very reasonable price and their mashed potatoes are great! They have a really good side salad to boot!