“BEST LOOKING BUFFET I HAVE EVER SEEN”
Review of Cuisine of India

Cuisine of India
Ranked #305 of 9,028 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$14 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: El Camino
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Went to this restaurant for the first time this week as really was craving Indian Food as not too many Indian restaurants in the Woodlands. I do not eat from the buffet as a rule and did not this time as had a look at the ala carte and saw they had a Jalfrezie which is my favourite. I had a shrimp jalfrezie with an onion kulcha and was pleasantly surprised was not sure if the condiments were out of a bottle of not as not too good but the main meals were delicious and nice and hot. My husband had a butter chicken which he really enjoyed too. We looked at the buffet and even though it was nearly time for the buffet to finish it was fresh and topped up regularly. The place was very popular at a lunch time. The one thing they did not have was alcohol and when we looked at the take away menu it said that fine wines and beers were available so if you are looking for a cold beer with your curry don't think this is the place for you. Its on I-45 but you would need a car to get there as you do in most places in Houston. I will go back whenever my curry craving comes back.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Our first time for Indian food so we tried the Buffet.
Food good & plentiful.
Restaurant was hot.
Chai tea didn't arrive until we finished eating

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

We frequent Cuisine India about eight times a year, mostly for the incredible lunch buffet, on occasion for dinner. We have never been disappointed.

The lunch buffet varies daily but always offers popular items like Tika Masala, Tandoori Chicken, typical curry dishes, etc. There are excellent fresh salad choices, various chutneys, always several vegetarian dishes and, for those that like a bit of kick, there are always a few really spicy choices. (My favorite is Cilantro Chicken.) A nice touch is the habit of bringing fresh hot unlimited Naan, to each table.

Service is excellent. Although it's a buffet, we always tip, because of the attentiveness to the tables. Food is continually added fresh and hot to the buffet. Place is always clean. Staff and owners are exceptionally friendly and courteous. There is no other choice in the bay area for Indian food that is close to this in terms of a combination of atmosphere combined with great service and food.

Last comment: While the menu is not an offering of "blow-your-head-off-bring-me-a-pitcher-of-water" Southern Indian food, if you visit for dinner, I'm certain Cuisine India will be happy to step up the heat to your liking. BON APPÉTIT!

Reviewed 25 May 2017

We frequent Cuisine of India. The food quality is consistent. The place is always well attended. The tables and buffet are kept clean.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

We frequently go for the lunch buffet. The buffet items are mostly from northern India and Nepal. My wife's favorite is the cilantro chicken,chicken masala, Raita and the mango lassi drink. I like almost everything on the buffet. The wait staff and the managers are eager to help you when needed. You can not go wrong eating the daily buffet.