“Pleasantly surprised ”

Arco Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #1,014 of 8,906 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

First, I thought it was a seafood restaurant but I was wrong, they serve a variety o dishes without seafood. I went there with a group of friends and we ordered Dim Sum style dishes from the Dim Sum Menu. I found it particularly interesting because it not only is in Chinese and English but the prices are based on the portions that go from Small to 3XL (and these are not clothes!). I was fortunate to have a Chinese friend in the group: she explained us what the dishes had and gave us great suggestions to order. The food was delicious! It is a little different from what most Chinese food restaurants serve: the flavors are pleasant and delicate. I would suggest you to order jasmine tea. There is another menu with pictures and bigger options perfect for take out.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Had a reunion dinner at Arco Seafood (東海海鮮) with two other families at a Thursday night.
We ordered: Beef with bell pepper; Lobster; Salt and Pepper Pork Rib; Scallion Chicken; Steamed Fish; Walnut Shrimps; and Tamako with Vegetable (Tofu) 碧綠玉子豆腐.
We appreciated very much the foods and the 50-year friendship!

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Don’t know what reasons not so much dim sum reviews about Arco Seafood, perhaps the name is confusing for Dim Sum.

It’s my go to place for the best Dim Sum, it’s way much better than the others.

Yep, we love Arco ever since it opened, food is excellent, wait staff been there forever guess boss is nice & $$ is great.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Arco is a family run place with plenty of seafood options as its name suggests but whose best dish is Peking duck. Amazing! The best I’ve had with the crispiest skin and juiciest meat. Other stand out items include chow fun, peppered lobster, shrimp fried rice, beans and eggplant, pepper beef and more. We were a large party and sat in two large rooms at the back of the restaurant. The decor and furnishings are a little more upscale than the average Chinatown entrant. Friendly, helpful staff with a range of English fluency will help you through the options. There are some strange smells here but push past them and you’ll be rewarded.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Great restaurant. Attentive staff. Large portions. Flavorful food. They have a private room and they were excellent hosts as our group enjoyed after dinner conversation. A little hard to find if you use google maps.