All reviews downtown houston separate shower and tub valet drivers toyota center house of blues rose petals car service grb convention center room service gorgeous hotel walk in shower luxury hotel romantic getaway minute maid park hotel bar corner room in room dining
Reviewed 9 October 2018

The Hotel Alessandra is conveniently located in Downtown Houston. The rooms are new, beautiful, modern and comfortable. The one thing that stands out the most is their commitment to 5 star service. You just can't go wrong staying here. The pool is sparkling with a wonderful view of the city, and the drinks and food are the highest quality I have experienced in Houston. The 4 or 6 course dinner menu will take your breath away. If you asked me to sum up what makes Hotel Alessandra so wonderful, I would have to say everything, but especially the employees, food and service. And my all-time favorite employee is Ray Guyton, the hotel's Director of Sales and Marketing.

Room Tip: Both rooms I stayed in were very nice - no complaints at all.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
GMAlessandra, General Manager at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear deannalynnlopez,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and share your thoughts about your experience. I am thrilled to receive the feedback about our outstanding team and will be sure to share with all of them.

We look forward to you joining us again.

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. I was quite surprised to read all the accolades of the interior of this property be it either public rooms or private. I guess my description would differ as I found the stark pervasive whiteness, unadorned walls, simple lines and modern furniture a bit sterile but not unbecoming. I laughed at another reviewers statement about the breakfast area resembling the decor of the Soviet Union during the Cold War. Not that drastic, but definitely falling into the less is more category.

We stayed five nights here, and the service was impeccable. The valet drivers, bell hops, housekeepers, and front desk personnel could not have been more accommodating or friendly. Our room was a corner King so there were ground to ceiling walls of glass that framed much of the room. I was hoping the accommodations would be more spacious as we were going to entertain some family members. The walk in shower was great, good water pressure and the bed comfy and easy to get lost in.

The hiccups. Their mini iPad system in the room failed on numerous occasions. You could use it to summon your car, but it never worked so we ended up waiting sometimes more than we wished to as it could get busy. I have no problem hanging out but we were in the city for a funeral, so being on time was of the utmost importance. Our attempt at ordering room service on the device also failed, as we received the wrong meal. All of this could have resulted in a much lower rating, but it was how the staff handled all these issues that impressed us the most.

We were considering doing the tasting menu at its restaurant Lucienne, but alas, on our only free night, the restaurant was closed. We did dine here for breakfast and unfortunately left disappointed. My cousin’s poached eggs in his Benedict had none of that silky liquid gold as it was overcooked. My crepes with spinach, eggs and cheese, were edible but not very good. The thicker, semi sweet batter did nothing to highlight the fillings or compliment them. I left half untouched. No one at our table of seven were wowed with their meals. Unfortunate indeed. In the end, however, this home away from home had done its job. And we appreciated all the folks who made our trip easier and stress free.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank llpupa
GMAlessandra, General Manager at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear IIpupa,

We are sorry you had to visit us under trying circumstances. We do know the design of the hotel can be a subjective factor for some of our guests. In fact, interesting to note, we were recently awarded with a 5-Star award for Hotel Interior design by the Americans Property Awards.

We will be sure to look into the other operational issues you mentioned as we are troubled by your experience there and will work to fix them quickly. We do hope you know how much we appreciated your business and your very valuable feedback.

We hope to see you upon your next visit to Houston.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

Enjoyed my stay in a new, modern and sophisticated hotel. The excellent service I received will forever be remembered. Hotel Alessandra made my birthday much more special to find their special touches with a bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and cake in my suite. I will definitely stay again and invite friends!

Room Tip: 16th floor had a great view
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear cynthiascruggs,

Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your birthday. We hope you decide to make this a new tradition.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

This hotel is my absolute favorite to stay at in Houston. The rooms are so stylish and modern, and the amenities are all 5 star. The Maserati will take you wherever in downtown and their room service was very prompt. Love this hotel and will always stay here for any night out on the town/staycation!

Room Tip: Corner suites have best large windows but always ask for high floor to enjoy the amazing view!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
GMAlessandra, General Manager at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear Lauren G,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are very happy to learn you enjoyed your stay and that we are your favorite place to stay while visiting Houston.

We do hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2018

I liked the rooms (very modern, stylish), the gym is small but good equipped, and the pool area is really nice. The lobby didn't attract me, and the breakfast room reminded me of sovjet era. Very friendly staff at the entrance and the reception. The rooms are very quiet, and the hotel is very quiet, this is great when being on a business trip, wanting to have a good sleep.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
GMAlessandra, General Manager at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Jesse V,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. We will work to improve the areas you mentioned and hope to see you soon.