All reviews space center we arrived late at night full kitchen galveston beach the breakfast area small kitchen yogurt the cleaning crew queen size nice place to stay our room was spacious clear lake hot breakfast great customer service air conditioner convenient location one night stay
Reviewed 10 April 2018

My boyfriend and I were coming to Houston for the weekend to visit NASA Space Center and go to the Galveston beach. This was in just the right location for both of those things! It was about 15 minuets from NASA and 40 minuets from Galveston plus there was plenty of places to eat near by.
Teal checked us in around 3 in the morning, after driving straight from Dallas after work, so we were tired of course. She was great! We told her about our plans for the weekend, so gave us some activity info packets that included coupons for NASA, and got us checked in quickly. When we were checking out on Monday we had to leave early around 6 am, and Teal was there to wish us farewell. She had great energy no matter what time it was or how tired and slow moving we were.
Our room was spacious yet cozy. Clean towels, bed, sofa, and kitchen area. It was so nice to have a larger fridge, and actual coffee cups.
Overall nice place to stay! Friendly staff, convenient location, clean, quiet room.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2018

My husband and I were in town for the funeral of a family member. We arrived late at night on March 23, 2018 by a most accommodating staff. Our room was clean, the bed very comfortable. There was plenty of space to unpack and relax while not at the funeral home. The kitchen in the room was very clean. Everyone from the front counter staff to the help in the breakfast area were very friendly. In fact, I don't know when I have ever met such nice people. Thanks to everyone there who helped to make a sad trip bearable. As I got further down on this page, it would not bring anything up when I pressed on the ratings. So I will give it here. SERVICE 5 out of 5 ... OVERALL 4 out of 5.

Room tip: Non parking lot side.
Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Several members of our family stayed here while attending a family members funeral. We were all sad and emotional and glad to have a room that provided us with the privacy and comfort we needed.Having the kitchenette with a full size refridge to keep cold waters in and some fruit was great. Although the beds are just queen size we both slept so well as the mattress was very comfortable. The only criticism I would voice is the lack of a ceiling fan as the A/C didn’t circulate the cool air to my satisfaction but I am always so warm.
The staff could not have been nicer and went out of their way to provide assistance to our needs. I had the opportunity to have a conversation with Teal on the early morning of check out . She made sure we had something to eat and had just brewed a pot of fresh coffee. She even helped me get my luggage to the curb when our ride to the airport arrived. She was proud to tell me that she just had her second anniversary with Marriott and enjoyed her job, she is an asset to the company. We would certainly stay there again when visiting our family.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Bethany H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Houston NASA/Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for our TownePlace Suites. It brings us joy to know that you and your family had a pleasant and comfortable experience during your stay.

If there is anything you should need, please feel free to reach out to us!

Reviewed 16 February 2018

I booked this property because in it is affiliated with Marriott. Don't be fooled like I was. This place is really low quality for a Marriott branded hotel. The staff was very accommodating and friendly which saved this from a one star rating. The hotel looks fine from the outside but is run down and in need of repairs on the inside. The door handle to my room sagged and was hard to open. The room was arranged poorly with the TV facing away from the bed on a table that blocked access to the bed. The furniture was uncomfortable to sit on, particularly the couch. There was no good place to put my suitcase. Everything felt cramped. Tiny low toilet with a smaller than normal seat where I had to twist awkwardly to reach the toilet paper. It had water faucets that continued to run after they were turned off. Things just felt cheap and poor quality. The second to worst experience was the breakfast. Poor quality food and little choice. Example: The fruit bowl had only one old bruised green apple in it. Hard boiled eggs smelled off and that were hours away from being spoiled, scrambled eggs were burnt and crumbly. When I poured a cup of coffee from the pump dispenser it came with an ample supply of coffee grounds. What was the worst part of my stay at this property by far was the barking dogs. In the morning the barking would start. Several dogs in separate rooms spread out down the hall barking, barking barking. It felt like having a room at a dog kennel. I'm not a complainer, but this property was just not a good choice. My advise, keep looking and stay somewhere else.

Room tip: If you love to hear dogs bark you will love it here.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jack C
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel but irritating smoke smell in Bldg 2 hallways. Both buildings have non smoking signs on entry doors. Breakfast was typical eggs, bacon or sausage, waffles, boiled eggs, breads, yogurts, milk, cold cereals, breads, fruits and often too thick or thin oatmeal

Date of stay: January 2018