All reviews front desk greenspoint mall the concierge lounge airport shuttle nice hotel gold member conference room connecting flight early flight pool area is an overnight stay short drive restaurant staff air conditioner corner room free shuttle nice room
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

I am SPG/Marriott Platinum. This is the highest level of service and cleanliness I have ever experienced at this class of hotel. As a business traveler diverted to Houston I received great communication before my arrival at arrival and after. Extra items were in my room as requested. With Houston weather great outdoor and indoor pool and indoor pool and indoor hot tub is awesome. Every request met with rush response. As a business traveler I appreciate a large immaculate room w great desk and bed and Full Hotel Service for less than a Courtyard. Great Oasis!! I was reluctant to review because I don’t want to see increased rate if I return but I can’t help myself. Great Job Team Marriott Houston North!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Staci L, Administrative Assistant at Houston Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Good Morning, It was truly a pleasure to have you visit. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your visit. We are very grateful for your kind feedback! We will pass on the kind words to our staff. We hope that you will return soon. We wish you the very best!

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Overall the hotel is quite nice, especially the pool. It's an indoor/outdoor pool. At night, the water changes different colors which provides a cool effect. The outside pool area is landscaped nicely. The inside pool area is well-lit even at night, with natural lighted during the day. There's also a decent hottub. The rooms themselves could use an update. I had a room with 2 double beds, and there was nothing unique about it and nothing that gave it any kind of flair. The setup was the same, boring 2-bed setup that most hotels have. See the setup that Aloft hotels have. Those are actually kind of cool. The floor-to-ceiling windows were nice and offered a great view, but the chair and ottoman in the room BLOCKED the windows. Such a terrible waste. Everyone working at the hotel seemed friendly enough. Asked for a higher floor and was given it. Didn't have any issues. I do wonder exactly how safe the area is. Went to a Mexican restaurant around the corner, and they appeared to have a security guard stationed outside. I didn't see anything in the area that screamed dangerous, but things did feel a bit off, maybe just from reading other reviews. I would consider staying here again, but hopefully they renovate the rooms.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Staci L, General Manager at Houston Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Thank you for taking time to send your feed back about your recent stay at Houston Marriott North.

We are always working to improve our guests’ satisfaction and your feedback helps us see our product through the eyes of our valued guests like you! I am sorry to hear that not everything met your expectations.

On behalf of the entire hotel team, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We hope you will consider Houston Marriott North on your next visit to Houston so that we can deliver on the guest experience you deserve.

VIJAY BHATIA
Marriott Houston North
vijay.bhatia@interstatehotels.com
281.875.8978

Reviewed 1 July 2018

Just finished a 13-night stay and overall I'd say it was better than I expected given the past reviews. Might as well start with the obvious, is it safe?? I'd say I was a little apprehensive staying here (my training was close by) given the amount of issues noted on previous posts but I'd have to say I didn't feel too uncomfortable in the confines of the hotel but it's always a good idea to be aware of your surroundings. The hotel sits on a huge business park area that borders the infamous GreensPoint mall but there's a bit of a buffer at least to the Marriott and I didn't see many people around the hotel area that would question my safety. The entire business park is well-patrolled by security and there are fences up and only one entrance so improvements have been made and were probably necessary. I would absolutely not walk in the area at night other than from the Marriott parking lot to lobby.

As for the hotel, I had a nice reception while checking in and overall the room on the 10th floor was fine. My two main concerns, air conditioner was cold and the bed was very comfortable. I'd say they need to overhaul the furniture in the room, so bulky and old fashioned you could hardly walk around the room. The room was clean on first inspection.

I took advantage of the morning breakfast in the Concierge Lounge as a Platinum member and while it was the same food every day, it was good and fresh and the staff were absolutely fabulous!!!! So nice and friendly and really started my day right by being so good to me and my coworkers. Wonderful!!!

The bar/dining area was good and the food I had there was very good and reasonably priced but one suggestion, increase the cleaning of your beer taps and lines, you can taste the skunkiness and two large beers shouldn't give you a headache. Stuck with bottles after two nights of skunk beer.

Spent a lot of time in the pool and gym and I must say I was surprised how good the pool was!!!! It's huge and there's plenty of inside and outside seating and nice gardens and the hot tub was also very big and usually empty. The gym was decent with plenty of fairly new machines and some weights and water and fruit so thumbs up there.

The biggest negative was housecleaning, or lack of it and the communication breakdown on more than one occasion in getting my room cleaned. First of all I took advantage of the points being offered to not have the room cleaned 3 nights in a row which gave me 500 points a night. (on two occasions) but the problem was I asked for my room to be cleaned after 1330 on the fourth day and both times my room wasn't cleaned. This was after calling and also going to the front desk to confirm so somewhere the communication is breaking down so a little frustrated with that.

Overall I'd return to this hotel if I had business in this area, it's not a place I'd come for vacation but if you're looking for an overnight stay waiting for flights or whatever I'd say more than acceptable. Airport shuttle takes about 15-minutes I'm told. The food we got at the nearby restaurants was very good (see my reviews) and they were very close to the hotel (Uncle Tong's Chinese, Jimmy Johns subs, Ichiban Japanese).

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
staci L, Sales Admin at Houston Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

The Houston Marriott North appreciates your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that you experienced our excellent customer service. We look forward to hosting you during your next trip through Houston!

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this Marriott property on a recent business trip and could not have been more surprised in a bad way.

As soon as you step off the elevator and then enter your room, it’s like you’ve been transported to a Motel 6 from the 80’s. This Marriott is in desperate need of a complete renovation and upgrade.

This is Marriott in name only and I would not pay more than $100/night for this property.

On a positive note, I had a good dinner at the bar.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank James B
Staci L, Sales at Houston Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear James,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel team. Your feedback is our best tool to succeed.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

We stayed here overnight (for a long layover). The shuttle service worked out perfectly both directions. It was about a 15-20 minute ride to the airport. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable.

Stayed: June 2018
staci L, Sales Admin at Houston Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you again!