See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 May 2016

Just driving down a nearby street on the way there, you could observe quite a few ladies just walking up and down the street at 1am in the morning. What is going on?
I get to the hotel, check in around 1am Sunday morning. I drive around to the back side and begin unloading our stuff to take to the room, and there is a group of dudes that appear to be surprised by my presence.
Revolting aromas were rising from puddles of some liquids on the concrete and asphalt. Beer cans and other trash lay strewn around.
2nd night - 1:30am in the morning while we are sleeping, there is a repeated bang on the door. I look through the peephole and there is a woman screaming in some local dialect into a cell phone. After some more banging, she goes away.
3rd night - Went OK, no banging on the door.
Looking back:
- I believe I was ripped off. $65/night for this!
- I don't think this would be a typical family friendly hotel.
- The staff at the desk were polite enough.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Captain_Spoon
Reviewed 31 October 2015 via mobile

This Hotel has cheaper room we stayed 4 Adults at $75 per day with breakfast for 2 days so was a very good deal. But yes there are few concerns about this hotel is smoking smell all the time no matter your room is smoking or non smoking. Staffs keeps changing some are good and some just give answers will say manager about this and does nothing. Bathrooms too small so good only if want to stay for 1-2 days.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I can honestly say this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in--and I grew up taking divey roadtrips across the country on a tight budget.

I booked this hotel using the priceline service where you don't get to know your hotel in advance. In the past this has worked out very well for me, but this is a huge and notable exception. At the time my boyfriend and I were living in Texas a few hours South of this hotel and we had a friend coming to visit Houston who wanted to book a hotel on the cheap... we turned down the Marriot for $65 in favor of this hell hole for $50. Huge mistake.

The night staff at this hotel is fairly friendly, but the day staff is rude.

After we checked in the three of us made our way to the parking lot; it is unsafe and can be accessed easily..we noticed a lot of people just standing around in the parking lot near the vehicles. Our room was on the second floor which was nice, but the stairs were inconveniently located by rooms where the smell of pot and cigarettes made it hard to breathe just walking by. Let alone the fact that we heard aggressive fighting coming from these rooms as well as the ground being littered with empty alcohol bottles outside. Once in the room, nothing improved. The sheets and furniture look like they have never been washed. I slept in a hoodie every night to avoid making direct contact with any of the bedding. The shower was falling apart and disgusting and likewise with the toilet. The first night of our stay my boyfriend clogged the toilet (not a hard feat) and had to do the walk of shame to the front office to get a plunger....EXCEPT....the maintenance staff goes home early in the day and locks their closet. There was no access to a plunger until the next morning!!! And we were told we couldn't use our toilet the entire night. Because we all needed to, we found a fallen tree limb in the parking lot and used it for the job. Less than desirable and completely disgusting.

Finally!! We were so eager to check out that my boyfriend forgot his duffle bag in the room (something we didn't notice until we had made it back home.) When I called the hotel they said they would hold it for the day, but after that they were confiscating and throwing it out. ONE DAY! Luckily we had a friend still in the area that could swing by and grab it for us. But why would you only give people one day to retrieve their small piece of luggage?

We were stuck in that hotel for four days. Unimaginably bad. Better off staying in your car. Spring the extra money, I wish I had!

Room tip: Higher levels are less likely to be broken into.
Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Go cheap, she said. Oy vey, and we did. This hotel is next to a "gentleman's club," and is sandwiched in the middle of the ramps of the huge cloverleaf that is highway 59 and tollway 8. Noise. Even when the room faced away. The primer and undercoat showing on every door of the NW side, as well as the welcoming present of a pile of vomit on the second floor balcony greeted us. The room stank. The bathroom door had extensive dog bite/scratch damage, the desk lamp shocked me when turning it on, the wafer-thin soap and towels and sample-size shampoo...the "breakfast" consisting of two cereals and skim milk, watered down OJ, and a muffin or toast. The drug dealers and thugs doing their business openly in the parking lot. All of this for $70, including tax. Never again.

Room tip: You get what you pay for...
Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jemge
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We needed somewhere to stay at short notice, everywhere was booked up and this was the only place we could find close to where we were that had a room. It is far from a great place to stay, it is old tired and falling apart, but it is very very cheap. So you get what you pay for and for the price I think it is totally fine.

The staff were friendly and helpful, but the room was tired and grubby, not dirty as such, but just tatty and old. If you need somewhere on a budget and you can see past a warn out place then this will do the job for you.

Room tip: Top floor is smoking, so if you want non-smoking make sure you are on the ground floor
Date of stay: May 2014