“GOTTA DO IT!!”
Review of Blvd. Seafood

Blvd. Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Blvd. Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 321 Restaurants in Galveston
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stopped in during our vacation to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday. The food was fabulous. We had the smoked salmon crostini appetizer, delicious! I'm never a smoked salmon fan as it tends to be very fishy but this was so fresh.. without that strong smoked salmon aftertaste.. and so yummy! I had the cedar plank salmon for my entrée -- so delicious. My husband had the Gumbo, said it was the best he ever had.. along with the BLVD sampler, also so delicious! Our server was so attentive and very responsive, I completely forgot his name.. so sorry!! He was also kind enough to bring out a free dessert plate with Happy Birthday written on it alongside a sample of cheesecake! Beware, we ordered the Crème Brule trio thinking it was going to be a sampler plate---it is NOT!! it is definitely too much for two people to share. We could not finish it!!! But again, so delicious!!!

The only drawback is that is very loud in the restaurant. We had a difficult time talking to each other. It seemed to be a diner or burger joint before BLVD seafood, according to the décor and setup. The tables are very close together, there is a bar area right there too. It is a very small restaurant, so reservations are recommended for busier nights. You certainly can't be expecting a quiet, intimate dinner. I'm not sure why the noise level was so high but the food certainly makes up for it. Gourmet food for sure!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Food was excellent, and huge portions! We had a bowl of gumbo that was really really good, then fried shrimp. I would highly recommend this place. Server was good, but had too many tables to be attentive, that was the only negative.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Was in Galveston on a gorgeous day so I decided to get lunch and sit on the beach. I had the tuna poke and Blvd house salad. Salad was good.. poke was excellent! It’s not on the lunch menu but she said they serve from the dinner menu all day.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our hotel suggested it for fresh seafood and I’m glad we went! The Seared tuna and seaweed salad app was wonderful and so was the blackened Red snapper. Actually, it was the best Seaweed salad I’ve ever had. We got them to split it for a $4 fee and it was well worth it. The seafood was the star on all dishes. Mac n Cheese and scalloped potatoes were just OK. They actually tagged the fish so you could see who and where the fish was caught. Really neat! Service was great and manager took the time to come say hello and chat. Lovely little spot.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Disappointing for the price. Great menu but did not live up to expectations! Scallops from “shareables” were spot on but steak was very under seasoned and risotto was a gummy mess. Husband had red snapper and it was delicious. They will have to step up their game to continue charging these prices.