“Getaway”
Review of Blvd. Seafood

Blvd. Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Blvd. Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was very impressed with Brian, the server who provided details abut the Restaurant Week and specialty dishes.
Thank goodness he recommended the chowder and crab cakes (which I was leaning towards). They were had unique ingredients that embellished the flavors to be extra ordinary! YUM! The chowder was not heavy in cream but light and made with coconut milk. The service was prompt and food served well heated. I was given a laminated photo pamphlet about Galveston's history which was a pleasure to read. All the staff was friendly and polite. I would like to go back and try more of the items on the menu such as the blackberry pork chop!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stopped in for a casual dinner...place was busy I had no reservation. I was seated in about 10 minutes. My server was great, pleasant and fun. I got the restaurant week special...oyster appetize was delicious! My entrée was grilled redfish and it was cooked perfectly...VERY moist and seasoned, not the usual dry redfish that I have grown accustomed to seeing. Veggies were also well done. Dessert was bread pudding and it was excellent. The place is a bit noisy and hard to hear, but that is the only negative about this place, and I can live with that for good solid seafood. Prices are not cheap, but I also don't think that $20-25 is bad for a good entrée. I cannot speak to the meat dishes, only the seafood. Shrimp and grits was also very good and well presented. I will return many times!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Found the restaurant based on Yelp reviews. It is across the street from the seawall so it has a view of the water. It's not pretentious, not overly decorated, it's about the food.

Husband order fried fish and French fries; says they were the best fish and chips he's had. Since he orders the same thing at most seafood restaurants it must have been good. My stuffed shrimp and crab were very good. Service was attentive, so we will dine there again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food at Blvd. Seafood was amazing! They have a full bar, delicious appetizers and the entrees are delicious. We ordered a combo appetizer plate which allowed us to taste everything. The flounder entree was mouth watering. Our compliments to Chef Chris Lopez! If you want an outstanding server, ask for Joel Nance. He explained the menu in detail and his service was impeccable! We are going bak to Blvd. Seafood!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First the good: Located on the Seawall, you might miss this place thinking it was a tourist trap. Not so...it is a legit restaurant. They have a great Happy Hour menu-both food and drinks. My group was so inspired by the Happy Hour small plate specials that we focused mainly on those specials and a couple of other appetizers. Crab cakes and blackened seared tuna were my faves. The beer and wine selection is pretty darn good too. We all enjoyed the taste of our meal. The average to sometimes below average: Our server was really nice. The restaurant was busy (Friday night) but not totally slammed. The timing of service fluctuated between really slow and barely adequate. I don't think it was the fault of our server...she looked like she was moving as fast as she could move.