“Best Bun/Pho on the island”
Review of Pho 20

Pho 20
Ranked #80 of 316 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Cuisines: Chinese, Vietnamese
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 15 November 2016

There are several Pho restaurants on the island, but this is the best of them. My family are big Pho/Bun eaters and they love coming here. The owners, often greet guest at their tables to make sure your food is to your liking. The wait staff are extremely polite and friendly. My cousin always make certain changes/add ons to her selection and it is always the way she requested.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

A small but excellent Vietnamese restaurant. I had the Phoin, which, what can you say, Pho is Pho which, in this case, compares with the best anywhere. My daughter had a noodle bowl that was excellent. My wife had General Tso's chicken which was fresh and good although not as spicy as you might find in a Chinese restaurant. My son-in-law had the sesame chicken which he said was quite tasty. What sets this restaurant apart is the friendly, intimate atmosphere as compared to the sterile environments of most Vietnamese restaurants. The staff was very friendly and the restaurant was clean and neat.

Reviewed 24 October 2016

Having lived in Viet Nam, I'm always on the lookout for a good bowl of pho. Encouraged by the number of Excellent and Very Good ratings on TripAdvisor, myself and two friends had lunch there. The ambiance is excellent--"classier" as one reviewer put it. The menu was typical with a good selection of soups, rice and vermicelli dishes.

Two of us had pho with eye round steak and meatballs, the remaining member of our party had the seafood fried rice.

The food arrived in a reasonable amount of time. The pho broth was clear--this boded well! The fried rice was nicely presented and looked appetizing.

I took a sip of the broth--on a 10 scale, saltiness of the broth was a 14, flavor a 2. Both steak and meatballs were tough and lacking in flavor. I ate a few bites of steak and meatball plus a bit of noodles--I could eat no more and asked the waiter to remove the bowl. Usually, when a complaint of this sort is made, it's customary for the manager to ask the guest if he/she would like another dish; if not, the meal is compted. Not so here--a sure sign that the customer comes last. My friend who also ordered the pho remarked that the broth tasted as if it came from a can; she was able to tolerate the saltiness much better than me. My other friend said that her fried rice was decent (though pale) but the seafood was tasteless with a mealy consistency. Add to this the fact that the radio was blaring through the overhead speakers and we had no choice but to listen to commercials along with our meal--not at all pleasant.

I take no delight in giving a bad review but I must report what my taste buds tell me. Was this an off day? Every restaurant has one. But as for me, I won't return.

2  Thank Doctor_Possum
Reviewed 1 August 2016

The broth for the Pho is very tasty. Enjoyed eating a variety of foods from their menu. Service is great and goes hand in hand with the classy atmosphere. Great place to bring clients too.

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

I just ordered to go food because I was too tired to eat out!! The environment of the restaurant looked nice though. I ordered pho with steak and meatballs. I also ordered spring rolls. Spring rolls had a lot of rice noodles and a tiny bit of shrimp. Not the best. I enjoyed the soup and its flavor.