“FABULOUS!!”

Ranked #34 of 321 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: An award-winning steakhouse famous for serving Certified Angus Beef® steaks. Each steak is cooked to perfection with Saltgrass-7 Steak Spice, and topped with garlic butter. All breads, dressings, soups and desserts are made from scratch daily. Great food and legendary hospitality make Saltgrass an enjoyable experience for the whole family.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

We were in town on vacation and based on the reviews decided to stop by for dinner. We are so glad that we did!!! We came in around 6:00 pm and were seated right away. Our server immediately came over and welcomed us. He suggested the Pineapple Margaritas.. so delicious! When he heard that we were here on vacation, he was very attentive and gave us many suggestions as to what to do when in Galveston. We had the crab cakes for our appetizer. Let me tell you, I am not a big fan of crab cakes usually but these are to die for, and they were huge and so meaty!! For dinner, I had the 6 oz center cut filet, ordered medium -- melt in your mouth yummy!! My husband ordered the Prime Rib -- delicious!!! We had absolutely no room for dessert, so had to skip on that. Certainly a fabulous meal over all!

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Parking is awful, but the food is good. The Brussels sprouts are great, the steak was good perfectly and the shrimp coating was the best. Took over 45 minutes after order to get our food but luckily we weren’t in a hurry. The staff was very nice, kind of felt bad they had to keep coming by to let us know food would arrive sometime!

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Came here last night with another couple. This was our first Texas steakhouse experience and didn't disappoint. Tasty food, good wine and beer and excellent service.

I was particularly impressed with the service that our neighbour received. Something had obviously gone wrong with the order and two different managers came to apologise to her (at different times) and made the situation right. I commented on that to the manager and was told that it was simply "Texas southern hospitality".

Keep it up, Texas.

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

My steak was absolutely delicious. All the soups and salads are tasty. Be careful not to fill up on the bread and apps before your meal. My prime rib was mouth watering. My ny strip was cooked perfect and the ribeye was incredible. All the sides are so good. Love the crab cakes too. Great wait staff.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

You can’t go wrong with Saltgrass Steak House. The aroma will capture you long before you enter the establishment. The decor is vintage Texas and full of fun and good eats no matter what your pleasure might be. Can’t wait to try the Kemah location!!