“Enjoyable Meal”

Ranked #33 of 330 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: An award-winning steakhouse famous for serving Certified Angus Beef® steaks. Each steak is cooked to perfection with Saltgrass-7 Steak Spice, and topped with garlic butter. All breads, dressings, soups and desserts are made from scratch daily. Great food and legendary hospitality make Saltgrass an enjoyable experience for the whole family.
Reviewed 2 February 2018

Our food was good. My wife had BBQ ribs and shrimp and I had BBQ ribs and chicken. We also had salad. No complaints. The waiter was also nice.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

This was ok, but not someplace I’d go back to. We started with drinks, and my husband’s Manhattan was very pale,and topped off with club soda. My NY strip steak was thin, and plated on an awful, viscous brown sauce. My husband had their fish special, and it was dry.The couple we were with were happy with their meals. No one was wowed.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

There was no host to seat us. So we just sat ourselves. Jason was our server he was very nice; just at times he took a little too long to come back to the table. Now for the food. We started off with the seafood fondue, it was amazing!! They got the potato soup, while I got the tortilla soup; both came out nice and hot, very good flavor. My girlfriend and her friend both got the Ribeye; one with Asparagus, the other with a baked potato. The flavor was pretty good, but there was entirely too much fat. Her coworker got the beef tips and he loved it. For me I decided on the two medallions with sweet potato fries. The medallions; the mushrooms; and that Aoli were to die for!

Reviewed 23 January 2018

We own a 2nd home here and thought we would try something different. There are so many great restaurants in Galveston and we can add this one to the list. We sat at the bar and ordered a bottle of wine and some Amazing Bacon Wrapped Quail Bites. They were Amazing. I ordered the Porterhouse and the wife the Tenderloin. Both were very good.
I wouldn't compare it to The Steak House or Rudy and Paco's but very good.
We will be back!

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

I have been to other Saltgrass locations in the Galveston area before, but this was my first visit to this particular location. I had a combination steak and shrimp dinner that was part of a area promotion. The food was good, but we really felt that we were rushed by our server, even though they were not that busy.

The person that I was with was a little hard of hearing. She failed to recognize that and her impatience was noticeable. It was a multiple course meal and she basically pushed the one course to the next on us, ready or not.

I would recommend this place for the food, but need to say that at least one of the servers lacks the people skills to ensure that you enjoy the experience.

1  Thank REHartline