“Great Little Getaway”
other travellers have booked this property
Sand and Serenity
Front view A view from large deck
Check Availability
view from deck
view from deck
View from deck
Galveston beach
stairs leading down to the beach
Living room
living room leading into the dining room
looking towards the front door
front living room windows face the water
Dining area.
Large counter space and new counter tops
new countertop and dishwasher
Front bedroom
good size front bedroom with a Queen size bed
view of water from the front windows
Front bedroom, with the double windows facing the water..
Queen size bed in the front bedroom
front bedroom is off to the side of the living room
King size bed in the back bedroom.
back bedroom which opens up into the kitchen
King size bed in the back bedroom
Back bedroom with Flat Screen T.V.
King size bed and comfortable bedding
Side view of bathroom with vanity area
Full size Washer/ Dryer
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Sayarma
Texas
“Great rental - except for the noxious smells in the home.”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014

This is a cozy home just 1 block away from the Seawall. Cute decor, well-stocked kitchen, very comfortable beds, excellent location, good view - everything you want in a vacation rental. Unfortunately, a huge problem for us was that every room in the house had a plug-in fragrance thingy, smelly candles, smelly soaps, smelly laundry detergent...the effect was an overwhelming chemical cocktail of fake fragrances. As soon as we entered the house we got physically ill from the sickly sweet chemical smell. Though we removed all the fake fragrances and opened all of the windows, the smells never completely went away, even after 5 days. We don't use chemicals in our home, so this was very uncomfortable for us; we both had a headache the entire time we stayed there. None of the other vacation rentals we've stayed in have had anything like this; most even use unscented laundry detergent. Had we known that the home used all these chemical smells, we would have known that it was not the right rental for us. We go to the beach for fresh air and the smell of the ocean - not the smell of Glad plug-ins and Yankee candles.

If the owner gets rid of all the fake smells, I would highly recommend this property.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
3 May 2014
I noticed the smell of the plugs were gone when I walked in the house.. I understand there situation because I get migraines myself. I picked the least strongest scents there are. There are Yankee plug ins in the kitchen, dining room, living room and bathroom. There are none in the bedrooms for the reason to have no smell in the bedrooms. There is a Yankee candle on the Tv stand and a Sea scent one in the kitchen sitting in a Beach scene holder but they do not smell unless you burn them. I wish they would have called me cause I would have told they to put everything in the garage. It is more important for my customers to be happy than be miserable. They had my number. This is the first time someone has made a comment like this and it has rented many times. I will remove 2. One out of the kitchen and one out of the living room. I have also provided unscented laundry detergent as well as scented. I hope this will improve the problem.
MI
Reviewed 17 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

A romantic getaway
MO
Reviewed 18 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Older travelers
TX
Reviewed 20 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Tx.
Reviewed 5 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing