“Nice lunch location”

Ranked #21 of 328 Restaurants in Galveston
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 March 2018

Stopped in here for a quick lunch. Surprised at the price and quality of the food. Wait staff was friendly and very helpful. The Shrimp I had was very good. I wish the place was a bit cleaner. Looked like a beach place. Windows very dirty but the bathrooms were very nice. Will go there again when I am in town in late May.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

My family of 6 (4 adults and 2 kids) were looking for a friendly and welcoming dining experience on the Seawall in Galveston, TX. We were all tired from the annual “Dickens on the Strand” festival and were looking for a place that would accommodate some cranky kids and some (less cranky) adults. Nicks was perfect.

We elected to sit outside in the patio that fronts the Seawall. We were seated immediately and had a great table for scenery and people watching (across the crowded parking lot). The menu had something for everyone. Chocolate milk for kids, beer and cocktails for adults. Excellent choices on the kids menu (and these are PICKY kids). The menu for adults was great. Fried, grilled, sautéed fish, chicken and beef all available. An excellent variety of pasta dishes as well. Each adult ordered something different so we were all able to taste a great variety of food. Service was just ok, but it certainly didn’t ruin an excellent meal. Portions were large, and no one had any room left for dessert.

Overall, this was an excellent choice. The food and comfort levels were excellent. We had a wonderful evening. The only advice is that if planning to eat outdoors, bring a light jacket or sweater outside summer season, since there’s generally a breeze coming in from the water

I’d go back in a flash.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 2 March 2018

We ate lunch here before a cruise recently and it was so good that we ate there again after our return. My husband had the seafood (shrimp platter, and shrimp and catfish) that he said was excellent! I had the same chopped cobb salad both times because it was beautiful and delicious. Loved the avocado with it. We love eating alfresco and was able to do so here and have a view of the ocean. It is rather noisy as the street is in between, but it was still a nice atmosphere. This restaurant is one of two at Gaido's Seaside Inn. Wonderful experience!

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Ate lunch here during a trip to Galveston. It was our first meal after we arrived in town and we had to have something with Shrimp. My wife ordered the Shrimp Po Boy and I ordered the Buffalo Shrimp sandwich. Then we decided to split our sandwiches. The Po Boy was amazing. The shrimp were plentiful and fresh. The bread was crusty on the outside and soft on the inside. Excellent sandwich. The Buffalo Shrimp sandwich was really good but not as good as the Po Boy. It was a little messy and the buffalo sauce overpowered the taste of the shrimp. I may not have noticed that if I didn't also eat the Po Boy. Not a bad sandwich but not as good as the Po Boy. Our server was excellent and service was efficient and friendly.

1  Thank Rowlett9105
Reviewed 22 February 2018

Great outside tables and views. Food and service were spectacular. Had a good kid's menu and price was good.