“Excellent food!”

Ranked #10 of 316 Restaurants in Galveston
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Sat on the covered patio on a beautiful afternoon in October for lunch. Crab cake, fried shrimp and all of the trimmings were excellent. The only problem was the annoying pigeons!!! But no way to keep them away!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped in at Nick’s for happy hour and liked it so much we decided to go back for dinner. The happy hour specials were great. My wife had a pina colada for $4 and said it was really good. Dinner was good too. Our service was great and fast. I had the shrimp platter and there was plenty to eat. You get a good sample of the different types of shrimp they serve. My wife had the shrimp and grits and said it was good but said it should be called grits and shrimp as there was a lot more grits than shrimp. They have a decent selection of food but it seems to border on a creole type presentation. On a 1 - 10 scale, I’d rate Nick’s a solid 7 on food and 9.5 on service.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a late lunch here (1530) after Artoberfest. For a seaside town, we've never been able to get decent seafood, most everything seems frozen and thawed out. Jumbo Margaritas were great. I had the Snapper Michael expertly prepared and delicious. The homemade tarter sauce is unlike anything you get out of a jar. Mrs Shamaal had the surf and turf, the meat was more medium than medium-rare but great anyway. The shrimps are not jumbo, but clearly fresh and flavorful. The gumbo was great and not overpowered by the file' seasoning; as is often the case with Cajun cooking. The lobster bisque was oddly sweet. The bread pudding tasted like cinnamon french toast with just the amount of vanilla sauce, a great wrap-up to a great meal.
Finally, the veranda was shaded with a pleasant breeze with a clear view of the beach sweltering in the Galveston sun.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Great casual atmosphere. Looks like a former “motel diner” with a bar in front and patio seating too.

Highly recommend the shrimp n grits, shrimp platter, and Cobb salad!

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Stayed in Galveston for the night prior to taking a cruise. Decided to eat at the restaurant for it was close to the hotel. Sat on the patio-which was great. The menu is mainly seafood. We ordered the burger and the club sandwich. Each came with fries. The meal came and saw the large portions. Burger was about 10 oz and the club was approx. 5 inches thick. Went to take a bite of the fries and tasted like shrimp!!!!! Danger for me- I'm allergic. My husband took a bite and received the same thing. NASTY, Our waiter was working with a large party that arrived-so we had another person. Stopped to ask if they drop the fries into the same oil as they do the fish/seafood. Waitress stated "YES". I stated-"SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE STATED THIS-I'M ALLERGIC TO SEAFOOD/FISH!". The waitress just walked away showing NO CONCERN for my health!. Needless to say-I didn't take another bite, nor did my husband. The original waiter appeared stated-"he heard something wrong with the meal?" We expressed our concern. Wanted our check to leave. NO ONE OFFERED TO TAKE THE MEAL OFF OF THE TICKET!!! As we departed the Manager made his appearance and stated " Come back to see us! Sorry for the confusion." Then walked away. Returned to our hotel and my husband placed a comment with the health department- NO POSTING WERE AVAILABLE STATING ALL ITEMS COOKED WITH SEAFOOD/FISH! I was sick for 3 days due to their neglect! I could have lost my life if I took another bite.