“First time here!”

Willie G's Seafood & Steaks
Reserve with OpenTable
Willie G's Seafood & Steaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 321 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, View, Child-friendly
Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

First time here at Willie G’s seafood & Steak

least than 5 minute wait.

Drink order 5 minutes

Had the chicken and shrimp fettuccine very good Nice size portion

Also had the seafood and pasta – light dish
Very good Nice size portion

Service was very good

Very clean inside and out

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

We hadn’t been in awhile because their prices were higher than other excellent restaurants in Galveston, but we decided to try again. It is a nice atmosphere and well decorated. The view of Galveston harbor is nice. The menu has been expanded and even the high end dishes were reasonably priced with plenty of lower cost choices. The service was excellent as always. They serve oysters on the half shell which were tasty but on the smaller side. The clam chowder and seafood gumbo were good. The star of the evening was the blackened red fish Louisiana. The fish was nice sized and thick. It was superbly cooked and very moist. The seasoning did not overpower the fish. Bottom line, it is back on our list of high end and reasonably priced restaurants in Galveston.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Not only happy hour stretches from 11:00 to 7:00 their bar food is fab!
I had seared tuna and after first bite it became my favorite! My husband had The Twins 2 burger sliders & fries and was very happy with them. This is not our first time here and these our all the reasons why we coming back!

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

We visited Willie G’s for a dinner on Friday night. Although we have made an advanced reservation, the restaurant had plenty seating available. (Generally, though, it’s recommended to make reservations.)
We were promptly seated at a table with the view of the pier. The place was not full, as I mentioned and it wasn’t loud - a nice setting for dinner.
The service was very prompt and courteous.
We had shrimp cocktail and shells stuffed with crab and spinach for appetizers. Both of them were quite good. I personally liked the stuffed shells more. Additionally shrimp cocktail was served in a fashion we are not used to - not in a glass mixed with the sauce and other condiments, but separately. The shrimps were brought out on ice and the two kinds of sauces on the side.
For the main course we shared Mixed Grill Platter. We both found it excellent and very tasty. Enjoyed it a lot.
The wine selection is pretty standard for this type of restaurant, not really wide but sufficient to find a good pairing. The Chardonnay we ordered tasted so what different from what we know this wine to taste, but it was ok.
All in all it was very enjoyable night out and we may be visiting Willie G’s in Galveston again.

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

A nice long cold weekend in Galveston and dined at Willie Gs on the bay. I was disappointed with the fried shrimp. They were butterflied flat shrimp that looked straight out of a frozen bag and tasted like it. My wife ordered a fried seafood platter and enjoyed the variety. Same flat shrimp however. A very comfortable place and friendly staff. Can’t get over how disappointed I was with my food. I had set my hopes high for fresh shrimp. Kind of a motivation killer to return.

1  Thank Sippytime