“Great Place for Dinner”

Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 322 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 20th Street
Description: When visiting Galveston Island, you simply can't miss the Island's most unique dining experience, Rudy & Paco. Rudy & Paco features grilled seafood and steak with a South and Central American sabor. Relax and unwind with your favorite cocktail while enjoying delicious Antojitos. Rudy & Paco is located next door to The Grand 1894 Opera House, and is a great choice for pre-show dinner specials. Dinner: No shorts (men or women), hats/caps, or sleeveless shirts for men. Lunch: Smart Casual
Reviewed 6 March 2018

Rudy and Paco is one of our favorite restaurants in Galveston. You need a reservation if they are open on a night that The Grand has a show. We eat at Rudy & Paco's every time we can before a show at The Grand which is next door. If they offer the Grouper as a special, buy it!!!!!!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Wonderful restaurant. We really liked the setting, low lighting, dark panels/wine lockers, nice bar area and good use of mirrors. The service was very good, attentive without being bothersome. Their lamb chops were done to perfection. I am not a seafood fan but the menu looked glorious for seafood lovers. Great place for a classy romantic or small group of friends dinner.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

A group of us ate here and it was excellent. One had shrimp VeraCruz which he is still raving about a week later. The scallops were perfect. I had snapper with crab which was really good. The wine list was also very good.
Service was excellent. The owner stopped over to check on us a couple times.
I recommend this for a business dinner.

1  Thank wineanddine32
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have been meaning to try this place for a couple of years and finally made it.
Service was about as good as it gets. Pavo himself was an absolute delight and his pride was infectious.
We started with the calamari which was unique, bursting with flavor, and tender as can be. For mains my wife had the scallops and I had the plantain crusted snapper. Both were, again, unique and prepared perfectly.
After our mains we moved to the bar for port and Paco brought out a dessert for us. It was a special cake with homemade ice cream. Fabulous.
One of the best meals and dining experiences I’ve had. Just GO!

Paco V, Owner at Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

It was a pleasure to have you as one of our guests and hope to have the same opportunity often in the future. We appreciate your kind words about our staff and how you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

My wife and I had a wonderful dinner on a quick adult getaway from Houston. It was a Saturday night and we made last minute reservations, so we weren't planning on getting a table until 9pm. We arrived early and were walked over to the bar where we were promptly served cocktails. We were also offered to eat at the bar if we wanted, but we decided to wait for our table.
We were seated slightly before our reservation time. The waitstaff was very attentive and the food was delicious. Paco was in the dinning area checking on all of the guests and spoke with us a couple of times to see how things were going. He even asked the kitchen to prepare a special desert for us when we couldn't decide which one sounded best. The bread pudding was amazing! I've eaten bread pudding at many restaurants in New Orleans and this was one of the best, if not the best, I've ever had.
We will definitely be back on our next adult weekend getaway to Galveston! Highly recommended for anyone who is looking for an upscale dining experience in Galveston.