“Dinner With Friends”

Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 20th Street
Description: When visiting Galveston Island, you simply can't miss the Island's most unique dining experience, Rudy & Paco. Rudy & Paco features grilled seafood and steak with a South and Central American sabor. Relax and unwind with your favorite cocktail while enjoying delicious Antojitos. Rudy & Paco is located next door to The Grand 1894 Opera House, and is a great choice for pre-show dinner specials. Dinner: No shorts (men or women), hats/caps, or sleeveless shirts for men. Lunch: Smart Casual
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The food is always very good. The service is a bit slow, but overall good. The tables are much too close together, making it difficult to walk about. The background noise is very loud and annoying.

Paco V, Owner at Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Every day we count our blessings that our business attracts such nice and kind hearted patrons like you. That you would take your time to so generously honor our staff is totally appreciated. We are believers that within each review one gets a glimpse of the character and quality of the reviewer as well as that which they review. That being the case....we can only hope that our business is near the quality that you represent.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

great food, friendly atmosphere, a little expensive. great location near Strand.
will definitely go back. Locals eat here so you know it is good!
Mardi gras in Galveston was fun!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Let me just preface this with, I am not a food snob. For me, this was a top notch restaurant. The service was impeccable. Servers were lined up to give you the specials, refill your drinks and make sure you were not in need of anything. I am very picky about my seafood. I like very mild fish. My husband and I had the Filete De Pargo Simpatico. The fish combined with the raspberry chipotle sauce could not be beat. Usually I do not like crab of any kind, however, the lump crab on top of the fish was delicious. The carrots and asparagus were tender. Many times with asparagus you have an overcooked portion and the other end is not edible, this was not the case! It was perfectly cooked throughout. The risotto was also cooked perfectly and was seasoned just right. We did not order an appetizer, however the plantains and the bread that was brought out before our meal was very satisfying. The atmosphere was lovely. We had reservations at 6 and it was nice and quiet. By the time we left it was getting busy and a little louder. I hope to be back again sometime!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have been to this place many times and it's usually spot on. One of the guest on our party ordered their steak med rare and it came out med well. They took it back and brought one back very rare, long story short the owner came over and was very very rude. I had the sea bass nightly special and it was average at best.

1  Thank John M
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Rudy and Paco’s gives you five star food and service. The food is always amazing- well presented. The service is exceptional. The atmosphere is lively. We always take out of town guests there, and each time, they are amazed that such a culinary treasure is on the island. Paco is always there, greeting guests and helping on the very busy nights, which is almost every night! To assure a table, make reservations well in advance.