“Seafood breakfast and lunch”
Review of Gumbo Diner

Gumbo Diner
Ranked #30 of 328 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Nice small place with good food. First ever seafood omelet was good. The shrimp and cheesy grits was great. The cajun style gravy helped make the dish. Went there for breakfast and lunch one day, then breakfast the next. Can't wait to go again.

Date of visit: October 2018
KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Gumbo Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

That is great to hear! Thank you for the review.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The service here is always stellar but the food was just okay today. I always lust for the shrimp and grits but today the grits were runny and the shrimp seemed a little on the underdone side. They were still edible and I didn't get sick but the quality was different than before.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On our trip to the Galveston area we decided to give the Gumbo a shot due to some fine reviews . We stopped for breakfast, the food was delicious, it was served up extremely quickly, by a very friendly waitress ! What more could one ask for ? Well the diner is located on the boulevard directly across from the Gulf of Mexico,and a fine beach ! Being a fan of Cajun cooking, my wife mentioned it to the server who brought a small cup of gumbo and étouffée for me to sample . It was superb ! Sadly we did not make it back to this fine restaurant for lunch or dinner , but we sure will during our next time in Galveston !

Reviewed 6 November 2018

I was in Galveston for the day on business and decided to try this place. I'm very glad I did! They serve some of the best gumbo I've ever had, and I've had gumbo from a lot of different places. I got the seafood gumbo in the smaller bowl (Lil Daddy) and it was HUGE -- over a dozen large shrimp, several plump oysters and the right amount of steamed rice in dark, rich roux. Service was prompt and friendly. I will definitely eat here again when I return to town.

Date of visit: November 2018
KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Gumbo Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

We're happy to hear that Lisa, thank you!

Reviewed 31 October 2018

Food was pretty good, but thought it was a bit over priced. Very casual atmosphere with high end prices.

Date of visit: October 2018
KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Gumbo Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2018

We're glad that you enjoyed it! We hope that you will come by again soon!